Hypnosis CD's Anyone??? Bueller...Bueller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of getting the hypnosis CD's. Wondering if they've worked for anyone here.

As I wrote the first time just a day or two ago, I am a binge drinker. Can't have one...gotta have 12 and act like a total idiot, hurt my husband's feelings and make him worry, barf usually, and feel like crap the next day physically and mentally.

Although I feel like I am adamant about never drinking again, I hope I will be strong enough to derail the "demon-brain-train" that comes around the track. I am scared. What if I can't? I want to be so positive but I've been so positive in the past and then used a bit of "trickery" on myself after a couple months...lately weeks...to tell myself I am strong enough to be a social drinker. I now firmly believe I cannot be a social drinker. It won't last. The train will sneak up on me again soon and I will be caught on its track with it's lights blaring in my eyes while it runs me over.

I already take wonderful nutritional products called Isagenix so I'm not sure I need the herbs but I'm really considering the hypnosis CD's. What do they sound like? What is your opinion on them? I know I can't use them as my sole source of sobriety, but I was thinking I would add them and maybe they will help ward off Brain Train. I called a therapist and really hope to get in on Monday or Tuesday. Thankfully, my husband is extremely supportive and has been totally taking care of me in every way. I've been sleepy lately. Having trouble sleeping at night. Fear and uncertainty on my mind. When I am better I want to do something very special for my hubby because he deserves it.

I am having a little trouble navigating this site but I think it will be most helpful when I figure everything out. Already, I have read wonderful posts from people who are "like me" and that I can identify with. I really liked all the posts about everything a lot of you HATE about drinking. It was comforting to know that I am not the only one who mentally and physically puts myself, my husband, and my friends through HELL when I binge. Last binge day was May 4, 2010...BTW, how do I add this date in the little footer like a lot of you are doing???

Much Thanks!
    Frangipani

Last night of binge drinking May 4, 2010

AF Since May 5, 2010

I love the CD's from here. I used them for the 28 days as recommended to help change habits. They are not a magic bullet, but a good adjunct.

Some people complained about the voice on the CD, he says some words that don't sound the way we might say them, such as "esculator" for "escalator". That didn't bother me in the least, I found them most calming and helpful.

Good luck with your program whatever you decide.
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi Frangi,

I did use the CDs & found them very helpful!
      They taught me how to relax without AL - something I did'nt know how to do.

Use them as directed, keep an open mind. Yes, the speaker's voice does have an unusual accent but it's no big deal. It takes 28 days to break a bad habit & 90 days to form a new & good habit

Wishing you the best on your journey!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
      X