My Next Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Next Challenge

I made a promise to myself that when I reached 40 days alcohol free, I would then quit smoking. Well, tomorrow is day 40. I normally smoke about 6 cigarettes a day, 2 in the morning, 2 around lunchtime, and 2 in the evening. I am ready to start my new challenge. I need to find something else to "look forward to" (not food!). I am posting this so I can keep myself accountable. I refuse to spend any more money on cigarettes, so when the last of this pack is gone, that's it! Looking forward to having a NF date in my signature as well....
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

My Next Challenge

good for you i would would love to join but in time ill be right there with ya
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My Next Challenge

good on ya k9. ive been smoking loads since being AF. i was never a big smoker apart from when i was drinking (hmph that doesnt leave much time then) but have been using it as a crutch lately. im now trying to address the smoking. i dont think im ready to just stop at the moment. i smoke roll ups and have some herbal tobacco which i mix with proper stuff and have started taking nicotine lozenges. im cutting back slowly and hopefully soon the lightbulb will go on in my head and ill stop this filthy habit. good luck with this, keep us updated.... and soooooo well done on your AF time
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

My Next Challenge

Go for it K9. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My Next Challenge

Thats fantastic K9Lover!!! I smoke too, and gave up last week, only to start smoking again.. duh! but I definately want to give up again soon... I tried Nicorette gum last time which really worked, I did not smoke for a week.. and you are a light smoker, like me (i only smoke 6-8 a day) so that may work for you if you want to try that or go cold turkey.. you can do it!
          Katie x
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

My Next Challenge

wow you really are changing your life hey k9? Excellent, I tried giving up yesterday but only lasted an hour... I too have been smoking way too much since AF, think I will wait till I am 30 days AF then go down the NF route.
            Success

Comment

My Next Challenge

K9...do you want a quit buddy?? I smoke about 12-15 a day and have tried loads of times to give up but will take on the challenge with you tomorrow..
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

My Next Challenge

wannachange;853750 wrote: I tried giving up yesterday but only lasted an hour...
                :H:H:H

Sorry........you'll get there mate.
                One challenge at a time
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

My Next Challenge

But I do lorrrve a challenge and if k9 and 123 are doing it tomorrow, I might give it a go... what ya's think?

Comment

My Next Challenge

No harm in trying it..getting rid of all your vices in one go..
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

My Next Challenge

ok lets do it...

Comment

My Next Challenge

K9 go girl!! I smoke 20 plus a day right now, like Spuds my smoking has escalated since trying to stop the AL, I am going to switch to roll ups 1. to help financially and 2. hopefully I will get fed up of the fiddling and stop

Panno
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

My Next Challenge

one2many;853788 wrote: K9...do you want a quit buddy?? I smoke about 12-15 a day and have tried loads of times to give up but will take on the challenge with you tomorrow..
                          Let's do it! Ready?

Comment

My Next Challenge

wannachange;853805 wrote: But I do lorrrve a challenge and if k9 and 123 are doing it tomorrow, I might give it a go... what ya's think?
                            Jump on in with us Wanna! We can do this!!

Comment

My Next Challenge

Great job everyone. Stay strong together. It's such a healthy healthy life change. Every illness and disease out there usually starts with the first question from the Doc...Do you smoke?

I will send my karma to you all. You can do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X