No More Butts...The Beginning..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome K9, I did it the same way you did...
    Cold turkey and ride it out, NF since December 31st 2012.
    FT
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

:ranger *patiently waiting.... waiting*
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

:sofa:

Getting ready to attempt serious quit number 5.

I need to remember my own words from last week "cold turkey/white knuckle works best for me..." and it does...just gotta stick with it.

Sorry, Fallen - I have NOT given up...just hit a glitch.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Can I join you? I just quit yesterday. I have only (ha! only...) been smoking for past 7 - 8 years. Started up again when I started drinking. I quit way back when I was 18 (the first time) due to panic attacks, scared me straight so to speak. Similar thing happened this time, I feel my body is seriously unhappy with it. Now that I'm not drinking, I can actually be aware of the signals my body is giving me. Similar to the alcohol, I don't miss it (yet anyway). I think my body is just tired of the bullshit I've been putting it through and THAT can be a powerful tool if we let it. All the best in your Attempt #5!
          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Perse...yes, please...let's do this together. I am embarrassed to admit all my failures. I have to say that giving up the cigs is WAY harder than alcohol...probably because the cigs don't make me act stupid and sleep with random men (see "You Know You're An Alcoholic When..." thread! LOL)

I read somewhere that it takes an average of 6 SERIOUS tries to quit smoking. By George that means I should almost be done with this nonsense! I made it 81 days towards the end of last year. I seem to easily rack up 30-40 days, then bam!

I'll be honest, my quit date is Monday, February 25, 2013. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it (this time!)

Comment

K9Lover;1467348 wrote: my quit date is Monday, February 25, 2013.
              good luck to you
              AF 6 years
              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

K9Lover;1467236 wrote: :sofa:

Getting ready to attempt serious quit number 5.

I need to remember my own words from last week "cold turkey/white knuckle works best for me..." and it does...just gotta stick with it.

Sorry, Fallen - I have NOT given up...just hit a glitch.
                :gramps: :soapbox2: :b&d:

Actually smoking was a lot harder for me to quit too. :l

Comment

Fallen - You've given me so much advice and words of wisdom...thank you!!

Fly - Thanks for the "lashing"....lord knows I need it! WHY can't they make a pill that gives you a reaction to nicotine like Antabuse does to alcohol??

Comment

K9, I agree...the effects of nicotine are much more subtle, though hard core damaging. My mom recently passed away from cancer related to excessive drinking and smoking for 50+ years...talk about a wake up call.

So, your target date is Monday...what do you do to prepare? (just curious )

And yes...a successful pill would be brilliant. Although my mom took one that caused pretty severe suicidal ideations; thinkin' it's not worth it! LOL!
                    "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

K9Lover;1467458 wrote: Fallen - You've given me so much advice and words of wisdom...thank you!!

Fly - Thanks for the "lashing"....lord knows I need it! WHY can't they make a pill that gives you a reaction to nicotine like Antabuse does to alcohol??
                      The pros say it can take a few quits till it sticks. I know it will for you Niner :l
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Here we go AGAIN!

3 HOURS, 21 MINUTES....

Comment

Way to go K9!!!!!:h
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora...I went home at lunch and it didn't even occur to me to smoke. Granted, I don't have ANY at home and if I did I probably would have! LOL

So that's the key...don't BUY any...no matter what!

6 HOURS AND 18 MINUTES...

Comment

1 DAY 1 HOUR 8 MINUTES

Comment

1 DAY 1 HOUR

Comment

Working...
                                X