No More Butts...The Beginning..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onet2many I was a bad boy too. I had enough commit lozenges today to blister my tongue. However, like a fool I went out and smoked three cigarettes anyway. I may chain myself to the radiator tomorrow. We'll see if that helps!!!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of http://www.quitmeter.com">www.quitmeter.com.
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Back in the non smoking saddle Techie!!

Well hubby was drinking and smoking last night and it did not bother me a jot..no cravings...nothing....HAPPY DAYS!

1 week, 2 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes, 15 seconds

Cigarettes not smoked 190

Money saved €78.66

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many I'm going into today with renewed resolve. NO DAMN CIGARETTES. I'll report in tomorrow on how I held up!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Go for it Techie..I swear to God..If I can do it..ANYONE can...

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Well done Oney - proud of you!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Awwwhhh Deebers.....so good to see you...The dreaded twaks are no more...xxx

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

oney.. are you the only one left smoke free. so well done. im still on board with the cutting down. ive had one today... and lots of lozenges. ive got a yukky feeling inside after my drinking session... think its guilt and disgust and all that shite that i never want to have again. im still pleased with my cutting down progress. its as good as i expected at the moment.. i know the quitting time is coming soon.. the sooner the better. cough cough weeze weeze. urggghhhh!
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Good morning everyone! :l

Congratulations on a week smoke-free Oney.... you've just made your '"orbit" one size bigger! :goodjob:
                    I always look at our milestones as "orbits". In the instance of smoking, the first time we pass on having a smoke, we have just stepped out into our first orbit... it may be small, but it is the first one that we ALL have to take. Completing an entire day increases our orbit by another size.... and so on with each week, month. year.
                    No matter where we are in terms of the length of our quits (smoking, drinking, etc), everyone one of us starts out each day at the very same spot, which is: "today I will not use". The only difference is that some have been doing this repetition a little longer... but remember, we are all on the same path.
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Oney,

Congrats on your 10 smoke free days
                      I'm still working on the 'mental disconnection' from the darn things but I'm getting there.

BTW - try to not worry too much about the weight gain.........oh yeah, I've gained an undisclosed amount myself but I understand that it will come off, in time.

Good luck everyone
                      Stick with it - you won't be sorry!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

So Guys, On day 13 and the weekend passed by like a dream, no major cravings and I spent very little time thinking about smoking.

I did think about how wel I feel lots of times tho.

Happy Happy Days...

How is everyone else doing....???

Monday is a good day to jump on board!

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ooooohhhhhh Almost forgot..

1 week, 5 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes, 13 seconds

Cigarettes not smoked 251

Money saved €103.91

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Checking in.....hope everyone is coping....IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I smoked liked Kilauea last night. Going to try to hold firm NF for me today (Lord please) and hopefully going forward....techie

Comment

A very good morning to everyone!

Something to think about:
                                Do you realize that when we quit smoking (drinking, etc)... that we literally have to do nothing at all??? We think that it's so hard to do... but in fact, it takes no physical energy whatsoever to be totally abstinent. What does take effort, is the action of what we're trying not to do. Make sense?? :H In the instance of smoking, to have that cigarette, we first have to have made the effort to go get the smokes, have a light(er), an ashtray, and also to take the actual minutes out of our day to physically smoke the thing. We do all these actions to sabotage our quit... and then say to ourselves that it just "happened". No, it did not just happen.... countless thoughts & actions were put into place to make this "happen".

So the next time you find yourself feeling totally lazy & lethargic in your quit... remember this:
                                you are doing everything you need to be doing to be successful... you're doing nothing at all! :H
                                There is action within our inaction.
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
                                X