Alcohol death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol death

One of my employees just came in very upset and told me her 40 year old nephew died last night as a result of years of alcohol abuse.
    A blood clot developed in his leg and went to his heart. He has left two teenagers orphans.
    I am very close to some of staff and she looked at me with tears in her eyes and said," I love you, and now I have seen in person what drinking too much will do to you. PLEASE stop......"
    Wow...sitting here very solemn at the moment.....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Alcohol death

Thats a very poignant moment Mama B and how sad.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Alcohol death

Powerful story mama bear - thanks for sharing. I think we have a tendency to sweep things like this under the rug, as that are an extremely powerful reminder what the outcome of alcoholism is. We want to think that we aren't that bad, or that it can't happen to us....

The fact of the matter is that this is life and death struggle, and as your friend pointed out sometimes people lose the battle....
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Alcohol death

Yeah.....wow

Comment

Alcohol death

shew. Sorry to hear that Mama Bear.

While I was living in Mauritius for a couple of months similarly a colleagues brother in law and another colleagues (young lady) father passed away each on liver conditions due to their drinking.

That's soo sad for the kids man!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Alcohol death

I wonder how much drinking you have to do to destroy your liver and develop blood clots????

Comment

Alcohol death

It's scary as to how much this is happening around us. I wish everyone knew about this place. Sorry to hear Mama.

Comment

Alcohol death

Thanks...I don't know the person at all, but it makes you think

Comment

Alcohol death

OH, MB! Sending you hugs right now. It seems the first months of this year have held more than their share of sadness for us, and I know how this is affecting you, when you should be celebrating a milestone in your life with only happiness. It's obvious your co-worker cares about you, and wants you to be safe. Stories like this are a sobering, hopefully, reminder to us that life is too precious to poison ourselves. Love to you, hon. :hug:
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Alcohol death

Yeah. I understand how you feel. It makes you realise how fragile life is and how much risk we expose ourselves to. Sad, Sad.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Alcohol death

Speaking from a place of isolation, I wish to encourage you to grasp this lifesaver.

I have spent my waking hours wondering who to contact for help. I just tried Camral. No relief. Prior to that Topa.

This is a disorder from hell.

I called off work today.

For whatever reasons you have to live, please reach and embrace what will keep your spirit alive.
                      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Alcohol death

Theme - are you okay? I am around if you want to chat.

sunshinedaisies
                        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Alcohol death

yeah...theme...you sound upset

Comment

Alcohol death

Theme are you ok? Dont feel isolated, there are a lot of people here who care about your welfare.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Alcohol death

Wow Mama Bear lots of bear hugs for you :l:l:l:l:l and please don't be afraid to come to the mountain, remember there are 8 different kind of bears and your the nicest one of them all xxxxxx

Theme, please stay safe and get in touch :h
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                              X