Day 13, need motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 13, need motivation

Help! I'm on day 13 of 30 AF days and this is one of the toughest days so far. If not for this board and the supps, I'd be much worse off, I know.

I need motivation to get through. I posted on the board yesterday about PMS, it's a real factor for me. I'm due tomorrow and I literally can't remember a time I didn't drink the night before my period. It always brought relief -- until the next morning.

I believe if I can make it over this hump, the rest of the month will be do-able.

So, please post good reasons for keeping this going. Remind me of the good parts about staying sober.

You guys are great!!! :thanks:

Day 13, need motivation

hey there crow .. you say you dont remememeber but you just did .. bye saying that statement .. and you are doing a great job so just hang in there .. dont try to set yourself up .. but use your time to make it clearly why .. read and keep on posting and we are always here for you ...
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Hi Crow.

there are all the obvious health/self esteem etc reasons that you really do know,
      but here's one that you can't possibly know yet.

I hit my 1st 30 earlier this week and the pride I felt as I read all the
      Posts from my friends here was breath taking.

People that I admire complimented me as well as people that I have hardly crossed posts with.
      It was a good feeling and one that I urge you to experience.

Keep going Crow.
      It's worth the effort.

My moneys on you...
      Go Girl
      Happy to be back

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Crow,
        dont give in - go into chat and pass your time with some friends. go through some posts and read to remind yourself what it has done to so many of us. It's so not worth it.
        Hang tough!

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

keep at it crowgirl. YOU CAN DO THIS. ive never suffered badly with pms but i know it can be a real bitch. you know AL wont help.. as you say it may bring relief... UNTIL THE MORNING. then you have the crap feeling from drinking to deal with as well. someone on here said to me fast forward 24 hours and look at the outcome, drinking or not drinking. im sure the not drinking outcome will be much better. you're doing so well, just think how good you will feel if you dont drink. do something nice, a relaxing smelly bath, good book, crap telly, CHOCOLATE.. anything... just dont drink. it really isnt worth it. get through it an hour or a minute or a second at a time. JUST DONT DRINK..... 30 days is coming up so quickly. YOU CAN DO THIS.
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Hey Crow,

Hang in there. It does get better and is so worthwile!! The first two weeks are tough. Especially as you're changing a habit that you're so used to. As you gain momentum and start feeling great it will get easier. There's always temptation off course and it difficult at times but but it does get easier. Hang in there!!!
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Hi Crowgirl, congrats on getting your 13 days af. You should be proud of yourself. The second weekend for me, was my toughest for sure. You can do it though. Remember, the urges come like waves, some smaller, some bigger or shorter, but they will pass - ride them. For me, the knowledge that they would come, and that it is OK if they come, and recognizing them, helped me gain power over the urges. My wife really is effected by her cycle, and it is physiologically very manipulative for sure. Hang in there, you can do it.
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Hi Crowgirl - supporting you all the way keep going - can't wait to come on here tomorrow and read Crowgirl day 14AF - hey why not book a massage or bit of pampering, eyebrows or nails (you could always get a punch bag lol) take care :h
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Hi Crowgirl,
                  I have had a tendency that if there is a binge, it coincides with PMS - funny the correlation.

Think of the worst torment you have endured after a drinking session and how bad that feels. You don't want to go back, do you?

Not sure if that helps, and I'm no expert, just throwing out an idea. Hope you make it.
                  - T.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Keep going through this Crow. Have you read the 'Toolbox' thread in 'monthly abstinence' section? Some useful tip's there. C'mon, go for it. 13 day's af is huge! Well done and keep going.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Thanks everyone. I made it through the night and woke up sober, day 14. You all are the best!!!

:thanks:

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Crowgirl There is no reason why you cannot change your life successfully. Provided you have the will and put in the effort you will succeed.

"No one ever excused his way to success."
                        Dave Del Dotto

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 13, need motivation

Congratulations Crowgirl! Day 14 is awesome! Keep up the good work.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                          X