amytriptaline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amytriptaline

is anyone else using this, has it worked for you?

amytriptaline

Elavil? Are you using it for sleep/depression? My hubby took it for years as a migraine preventative. Worked pretty well for that. He took it at night because it knocked him out.

Comment

amytriptaline

Hi Twitch,

My Dr prescribed it for me when first I talked to her about giving up alcohol. I had previously been on SSRIs for depression, and she suggested giving it a go ..... from what I remember about what she said, (it was 2 years ago now) as well as being an earlier generation of antidepressant, it had been found to help with sleep (I have sleep problems). Anyway, I took it for 6 weeks/2 months, but I found it made me really groggy in the head, and I hated feeling like that so I gave up on it pretty quickly. I didn't have any other side effects though.
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

amytriptaline

I used it for two months, both for sleep and as an anti-depressant.

Helped very slightly with sleep, but did nothing for depression. Discontinued use...

The big difference between it and SSRIs are that it has a greater dopamine effect as opposed to Serotonin.

Ask your doctor / psychiatrist about an AD called Molipaxin as an alternative. Much stronger dopamine effect, and assists sleep better. Molipaxin is also an older-generation AD with fewer side-effects compared to SSRIs.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
        X