Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off the Wagon

Hello everyone,

Its been a few days since you have heard from me. I was on a roll made it all the way to day 9.... and then stopped and got me a bottle of Zin , had one drink and poured it down the drain. The next day which would of been 11 I bought another and had about 4 large glasses. Today right now.. just poured me another. Its been so hard, feel like my life is not complete without my Zin. I am very irritable and the slightest little thing gets on my nerves. I have to gear myself for day 1 again...... I think I will try some drug to reduce the cravings and help me along. Going to the dr. on wed. and see if she has any suggestions.

Off the Wagon

hi offthewagon,take the positives out of your 9 day success You should have learned a lot about yourself, your drinking and the problems that you have. However you should have also learned that the power to change lies within you, provided you have the will to use it.There is a med thread here but i never have used meds myself so i cant really comment on them but by some of other peoples accounts some of them seem to help.goodluck on wednesday :-)

"Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit."
    Conrad Hilton

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Off the Wagon

Hi WS,
      Did you ever download the book and look at getting the supplements? they both can help tremendously with the cravings. We all get them and the important thing is to have a plan to combat them. My plan the first month or so was to do all my errands every nite on the way home or walk the mall so that I would be too tired to stop as well as take the supps. I do have the CDs but have only listened to them a couple of times. Others swear by them in that it helps to get rid of the negative thoughts that plague us and tell us we deserve nothing good in life so we might as well get drunk. Your Zin is a habit and you need to substitute another habit (a healthy one) to use instead of the Zin and pretty soon that habit will be what you look forward to. For me, it's reading in bed during the time I used to drink a bottle of wine. I found out how much I missed reading and I'm a regular at the library now!! There are also a lot of books out there that can help you understand this addiction besides the MYO book. Check out the "what we're reading" thread.
      Good luck WS. I hope you will realize that you are an important and valuable human who deserves her best life. I haven't seen you too much on the Newbies Nest thread so feel free to come on over and hang out with us. We've got plenty of butt velcro in any color you want!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Off the Wagon

Greeting's Waiting for the sun, and a big Welcome to you,
        I would agree with Mario and Papmom above. Try to do a lot of related reading to shift your mind set, your headspace, your thinking. We must really, really want sobriety more than anything else, to have a chance. We have to form a solid realistic plan, custom made for us. Read lot's here for imformation, and inspiration.
        It's very difficult in the early day's, especially day bloody 1, but since you got to a fantastic 9 day's, you've got an idea how cunning your al thinking is.
        Also, have a read of the 'Toolbox' thread in 'monthly abstinence' section. Some great tip's for you there, i suggest.
        Just get over a couple of little hump's, and you're on your way! Sober life just get's better and better.

Best wishes on your journey. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
        X