One day a man found a cocoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day a man found a cocoon. He watched for several hours as the butterfly struggled to force its body throught the little hole at the end. Then it seemed to stop making any progresss. It appeared as if it could go no farther.
    The man decided to help the butterfly, and took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfuly emerged easily, but it had a swollen body and small, shrivelled wings.
    The man continued to watch because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time.
    Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body an shrivelled wings. It was never able to fly.
    What the man did in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfuly to get through the tiny opening were nature's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.
    Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in life. If we go through life without any obstacles it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as we could have been and we could never fly:h
    Source unknown
    Hey I want to fly but I'm feeling a little grounded at the moment.
    You know I have nursed two of my family members and watched them take their last breath both my family members passed away in my house and now my partner has been told he has cancer. What's that all about?
    Hey trying my best with the drinking that's all I can do for now. Really trying to be postive.
    I know you guys are here. Thanks so much

great story po
    so sorry to hear about your partners diagnosis. well done with your drinking.. sober you can be strong for him. take care
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Sorry to hear that Po.
      Just do your best, that's all we can do. Be gentle on yourself, and try to eat well, and drink plenty of water.
      There is another butterfly piece of prose that is very beautiful. It's about 'recovery' and i think it's just called....'The Butterfly'. Do you know it? author unknown. Worth a read if you can find it.

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you for posting that lovely story. Yes, we're here for you, Po.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

We are here for you Po...I am a cancer survivor so keep us posted on your partners progress....medicine today is amazing so don't be worried..........too much!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

PO, A lovely story indeed! It makes me think that we can support others, love others, but there are some things in life, that only we can do, and must do for ourselves.

I also know the devistation of a cancer diagonosis, and I also am a cancer survivor. Many do live through cancer these days...and no matter what, the quality of each day of our lives and not the length of time that is really important! Make each day a day to be remembered....whether we have 1 day or 1 million days!

Best Wishes to you and your partner,

x0x0 Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
            X