We all need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all need help

Ive seen people come on here and say they drink alot EI,3 bottles of wine a week.Then others say they drink a bottle of vodka a day.There are so many of us on here with different drinking habbits but we all know we have a problem.
    Im writing this because when someone came on and said they drank 3 bottles of wine a week and were worried i thought "i wish"..... but that was me at one time and i wish i had gotten help at that point

We all need help

Good point Tictak, it is not how much we drink but the fact that we recognise that there is a problem that is important. It is usually long after everyone around us sees it though. The point is the earlier we take action the better, so for anyone lurking and thinking about joining up take the plunge and join us, it might just change your life. This only gets worse if left unchecked of that there is no doubt.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

We all need help

Very good point tictak.....

It progresses......

And also I think whatever the volume ...if it is causing upset toyou and your loved ones and spilling over into your everyday life....it's time to take stock and take action..
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

We all need help

I use to have 3 beer a day, regularly, with Hubs after worked, while we sat and talked. I wish, too! Then it was til I went to bed. Then it was whenever I was home. Then I was finding excuses to BE home all day so I could drink all day.Then it was all the way to work. Get the idea? If YOU feel it's a problem, it IS. Catch it early if you can. Again, I WISH.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

We all need help

rubywillow;859426 wrote: I use to have 3 beer a day, regularly, with Hubs after worked, while we sat and talked. I wish, too! Then it was til I went to bed. Then it was whenever I was home. Then I was finding excuses to BE home all day so I could drink all day.Then it was all the way to work. Get the idea? If YOU feel it's a problem, it IS. Catch it early if you can. Again, I WISH.
          Ruby... thats me to a tee... although wine is my poison

Comment

We all need help

This is so true - I remember having two Guinness - every day - by the time I decided I had a problem, I was up to 4 every day - and sometimes I would have 5 or even 6, but it was escalating - and even though that might not be a lot to some - it was a problem to me because it was every day and it was something I couldn't seem to be without!!

sunshinedaisies
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

We all need help

yep its so true..think we can all see it now. i didnt drink daily till recent years. i remember when i realized i could drink 3/4 bottle of wine and be ok the next day, i was really pleased cos i wasnt going to have a hangover. latterly that wouldnt touch the sides. the decline into this alcohol pit is slow and sneaky but when you look back the signs are often there early on. i can now see the signs from very early on in my 'drinking career' where things were going but i would never have believed it at the time. oh sneaky devious alcohol!
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

We all need help

I knew I was drinking too much when I started to hide the empties. In less than a year 1 bottle of red wine (every two days) went to two bottles every evening. Then I started to look for wine over 13%, often the very strong ones 14% would be on half price offer.

Someone here pointed out that if I don't do something about it now; the 2 bottles will be come 3, and so on.

Comment

We all need help

Luckily red i couldnt drink 3 bottles cos i'd pass out but i could easily drink 2 in a day

Comment

We all need help

I can remember many moons ago, when i first started really drinking at weekends its funny even then thinking back (only 18) i was never satisfied with a few i always had to sneak up the bar to refill my glass because i could not wait any longer for the next person to buy the next round in. I must of been a binge drinker then. I always wake up the next moaning and said to myself never again im i going to drink like that, but the weekend come round again and i would repeat myself all over again..... then i turn into a everyday drinker...........
                    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

We all need help

This is a really good thread for me. I was having a few doubts about this whole trying to be AF thing today (on day 17 and I felt 'lonely' without AL to look forward to at the end of the day/afternoon). I didn't have a drink and now reading all of these posts about the way the drinking habit has escalated for us all, I am reminded that God, that yes, it was/is a problem for me and that is why I have taken drastic action. I just need to keep checking in and seeing that written and reminding myself. I'm ok again now. Thanks everyone.

Comment

We all need help

Justforme;860143 wrote: This is a really good thread for me. I was having a few doubts about this whole trying to be AF thing today (on day 17 and I felt 'lonely' without AL to look forward to at the end of the day/afternoon). I didn't have a drink and now reading all of these posts about the way the drinking habit has escalated for us all, I am reminded that God, that yes, it was/is a problem for me and that is why I have taken drastic action. I just need to keep checking in and seeing that written and reminding myself. I'm ok again now. Thanks everyone.
                        thats the power and purpose of our little online community, to help each other abstain. this online encoragement works. here's proof in the pudding! well done jfm for not drinking today, and well done those who unknowingly wrote the posts that jfm read that inspired her to abstain! thanks everyone xx:thanks:
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Working...
                        X