Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theres no better time to start..than today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

it's a new week...a new day...and a new start......lets get moving on being who we want to be...starting today ...

Stop Waiting
    Author Unknown

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are. After that we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage. We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our spouse gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice vacation, when we retire.

The truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now.

Your life will always be filled with challenges. It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway. One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred D Souza. He said, "For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment that you have.

Stop waiting until you finish school, until you go back to school, until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until fall, until winter, until you are off welfare, until the first or fifteenth, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink, until you die, until you are born again to decide that there is no better time than right now to be happy.

"It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Great stuff Oner's!
    And we can be happy and seize the day while we're giving up the booze too. A far better approach than whinging to ourselves about missing it!
    Bravo! and Encore!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

So true oney!! Attitude is everything! We musn't forget that it is not so much about the destination, as it is the journey.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Oney you are Brilliant

I love it. I try to live by those standards but find myself slipping into the "if only then I would...." stage from time to time (especially when AL is involved).

Or I can't wait till tomorrow, next week etc......

Right here, right now I am happy and I am going to appreciated now because it is a "present" in time.
        :h

Comment

amen sister oney
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

People who have had brushes with death, from accident or illness, when interviewed later usually say they quit making long range plans. TODAY becomes SO important, and having a good day. Yesterday has passed, tomorrow has not come. We have only today. The events of this year for me have proven that too many times. There is a hymn I loved in church "Why Not Today?" Good question.

Procrastination
            by Kit McCallum
            Yesterday, I said I would
            Until the time had passed,
            And now today, I see my list
            Of never-ending tasks.

Why so, I ask myself, did I
            Put off that task at hand?
            For yesterday has added to
            My ever-growing plans,

Of things I say I will attend,
            Accomplish or provide;
            Seems every day I put if off -
            It multiplies in size.

A simple job if given
            My devotion for a time;
            Would surely have resolved itself
            And eased my worried mind.

However, due to circumstance,
            As always is the case;
            I had no time to spend that day …
            I had no time to waste.

For yesterday, I worked on
            All the tasks I had delayed,
            From days before when I would say
            I have no time today.

You see, tomorrow’s easier
            To say that I will vow,
            To catch up on the overload,
            And yet - I wonder how?

‘Tis easier to play the part
            Of victim in this case,
            And be the martyr ever-more
            I have no time to waste.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
            X