break the circle..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

break the circle..

Hi again everyone. I have reconfirmed again to myself that I must be AF. 1 beer turns to a bunch and then the next day guilt kicks in.

So today is day 1, May 17th. I'm going for it again.

break the circle..

Welcome back. Good to have you reconfirm that you must be AF.

Comment

break the circle..

Same as you gottatry, I can not moderate, it's AF all the way or I'm no good to myself or anyone.
      AF since April 19, 2010
      NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
      -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

break the circle..

Hi gottatry, all the best to you. Like daybyday, I can't moderate - just does not work. And now that I am sober, I really prefer life this way, and I hope you do too.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

break the circle..

Welcome back gottatry,
          Well done for you for breaking that circle, good for you, go for it, you can do it,
          we are here to support you and each other, keep posting. All the best now.x
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

break the circle..

OK, Got. Check in and let us know how you're doing! Glad you are taking the step.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

break the circle..

That's the spirit gottatry. I've been there too many times myself and don't want to go there again. ODAT is MWO!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

break the circle..

gottatry go to the odat (one day at a time) thread, youll find lots of encouragement there from people who need to take things slow to stay focused, such as myself. also go to the toolbox thread (link below), where you'll find lots of tips and tricks to help you on your way. good luck and welcome back. c'mon, together we can do this x:l

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

break the circle..

Hi Gottatry,
                  Good job for trying again. We've all been there. I, for one, cannot moderate either. I have to be completely AF. Let us know how you're doing, we are here to support you!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

break the circle..

I used to think the AA saying I kept hearing was bonkers - "You can't get drunk if you don't take that first drink". Didn't quite get it as I'd either be sober or having a drink......

This time it has and to me it now has a completely different meaning. Drunk to me is the way of life I had before I stopped. I might not have been technically 'drink' or even drinking every day 24/7, but my life even inbetween benders was completely haphazard. I keep reminding myself 1 drink will send me right back there even if I stop at 1 tonight.

It's a lot easier to simply not bother!

Comment

break the circle..

you guys are great thanks! I will check out the tools and forums suggested.

I like this saying: "You can't get drunk if you don't take that first drink"

I am there, 1 = a bunch even if only in sporadic time spells

Comment

Working...
                      X