X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially Retarded !!!!

Holy crap, people - take a pill.

Pro, darling, you don't look a day over 45! :H
    Ya know, I wish I could be really smart and sarcastic about this... but I've been having trouble remembering my age for the last few years myself, now... running outta fingers!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

RedThread12;861233 wrote: With full respect to all, I'm reminded of this funny little story:

I taught yoga at a very well-equipped center with the oh so correct name "The Center for Individuals With Physical Challenges." My students came to class in wheelchairs, on motorized scooters, with canes, walkers, with and without legs and arms . . . an incredible gamut of challenges, including one beautiful man who could voluntarily move nothing except his eyes and his mounth - his smile was superb!

After giving some instruction (I don't even remember what), one of the most regular and diligent students, probably about 70 years old, yelled from the back of the room, "What are you trying to do, cripple us?"
      :H:H:H
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

RedThread12;861233 wrote: With full respect to all, I'm reminded of this funny little story:

I taught yoga at a very well-equipped center with the oh so correct name "The Center for Individuals With Physical Challenges." My students came to class in wheelchairs, on motorized scooters, with canes, walkers, with and without legs and arms . . . an incredible gamut of challenges, including one beautiful man who could voluntarily move nothing except his eyes and his mounth - his smile was superb!

After giving some instruction (I don't even remember what), one of the most regular and diligent students, probably about 70 years old, yelled from the back of the room, "What are you trying to do, cripple us?"
        :H:H:H
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

Nice one...
          What are you going to do with your free year Chief?

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

Well now when you really turn 45 it won't be a shock..LOL Mentally challenged is all...
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

Similiar happened to me last year but it was the other way around I lost a year :upset:

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

brittzak;861331 wrote: Well now when you really turn 45 it won't be a shock..LOL Mentally challenged is all...
                Thats what I call preparation Prop!
                You havent lost a year, you get to stay 45 instead of turning 46 :H:H:H
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

Obviously Pro had no ill intentions and meant no disrespect. The whole "politically correct" thing has gotten way out of hand in this country. Take it in the context it was meant. He was joking about himself not speaking of anyone with challenges. It might not have been the best word to us, but no harm was intended.

I wish I could forget a year or two Pro...oh wait I have....drinking LOL Glad those days are over and I will cherish and strive to remember each year ahead.

:l
                  Ak
                  :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

akgirl;861448 wrote: Obviously Pro had no ill intentions and meant no disrespect. The whole "politically correct" thing has gotten way out of hand in this country. Take it in the context it was meant. He was joking about himself not speaking of anyone with challenges. It might not have been the best word to us, but no harm was intended.

I wish I could forget a year or two Pro...oh wait I have....drinking LOL Glad those days are over and I will cherish and strive to remember each year ahead.

:l
                    Ak
                    i undestand the context in which it was meant, but this word also really upsets me when used in joke.i find it unecassary. i know pro didnt mean any disrespect, which is why my posts to him were pleasant. he seems like a lovely bloke, i don't see him as some sort of vigilante. i merely just disagree with his choice of words. i told him thanks for understanding. i have to say something when i think something is wrong. it's not pc gone mad this is how my life is. i cannot be responsible for anyone elses comments after mine, each to their own. but i WILL NOT feel guilty for showing my feelings towards something that upsets me. it is my right.

pro and i resolved the issue in a few posts, then others voice their opinion and it opens a can of unecassary worms. this is my last post as it will continue to flair up if not. pro, if i have offended you (which i don't think i have then please pm me and we can discuss it)

perhaps i should have voiced my feelings in a pm so this didnt get out of hand, my aplogies pro xx

i am not a confrontational person, nor do i want any ill feeling with anyone here as i desperately need the site for support. nobady has done anything wrong, so don't let it get out of hand folks.
                    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

propartychief;860892 wrote: I'm really sorry I offended.
                      I was speaking about myself and could not find better words for a title to express my mental abilities.
                      I was in no way speaking of children/people with special needs.
                      Best word I could come up with to explain how I felt about myself.

Sorry
                      Much Love and Peace
                      Bobgirly wirly;861595 wrote:
                      i know pro didnt mean any disrespect, which is why my posts to him were pleasant. he seems like a lovely bloke. i merely just disagree with his choice of words. i told him thanks for understanding.
                      perhaps i should have voiced my feelings in a pm so this didnt get out of hand, my aplogies pro xx
                      nobady has done anything wrong, so don't let it get out of hand folks.
                      Just have to add my two bits again. I posted in support of Girly simply as a gentle reminder to Pro and all others who read this thread that this is an open forum and we have to be careful with the words we use. That's all. Not as a reprimand. Most of us know Pro and know what a great guy he is. So no harm was meant, no harm was done, so how about we just let this post be the end of this thread.
                      End. Over. Period.
                      Stirly:happyheart:
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

stirly-girly;861634 wrote: Just have to add my two bits again. I posted in support of Girly simply as a gentle reminder to Pro and all others who read this thread that this is an open forum and we have to be careful with the words we use. That's all. Not as a reprimand. Most of us know Pro and know what a great guy he is. So no harm was meant, no harm was done, so how about we just let this post be the end of this thread.
                        End. Over. Period.
                        Stirly:happyheart:
                        thanks stirly xxx:l
                        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

well pro, you can't spell and now you can't count!!!! never mind i'll still adopt you xxx
                          I have a disabled son too and I do find the word retard offensive but have become immune mostly over the year's, and I have known Pro for a while and he would not want to upset anyone as Stirly Wirly has said so to change the subject........I am going to be a Granny!!!!!!! feeling very shocked, xxxx love and hug'sTwitch XXXX

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

TWITCH!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Officially Retarded !!!!

congrats twitch x

Comment

Working...
                              X