An amazing man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An amazing man

Wanna posted this clip on the army thread, I think it should be seen by everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4HGQHgeFE&feature=autofb[/video]]YouTube - LOOK AT YOURSELF AFTER WATCHING THIS.mp4
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

An amazing man

Not a dry eye on me face..

An amazing man indeed and it certainly puts things in perspective for me......

Thanks so much for posting.
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

An amazing man

it sure is inspiring

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

An amazing man

Thanks Ktab, really puts things into perspective :upset::upset::upset:
        sigpicXXX

Comment

An amazing man

Thanks Ktab, and I think the same spirit of courage and can do attitude is evident all over this community of people. One step at a time we can all overcome what ever life throws at us...even the trap that is AL. We are all amazing, we can all do it.

H
          Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

An amazing man

Thanks KTAB, I do remember seeing this video b4, he is one amazing guy, to think he had his life all sum up at the age of 8yrs old, made me cry.
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

An amazing man

Yes, I too have seen it before but it's such a wonderful reminder to be grateful for all we have.

Thanks KTAB for sharing.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

An amazing man

Wow, i needed to see that.

thanks for posting KTAB.

Kevin
                If the prophet knocked my door with all that heaven held in store i'd probably ask to see a sample.

Comment

An amazing man

Yep thx KTAB for making a thread of this mans courage, and spirit to not give in, and ever think he can't do anything and that his life is useless..!!
                  puts so much into prospective for so many of us..

I do hope many,many members get to see this, I have never seen it before, but now I have seen a lot of them..

F'ing amazing power & value of life..with the maximum adversities..
                  and he laughs thru all of it
                  and enjoys his life to the full
                  doing sports most people would be even to lazy to do..

I wish I could meet him..
                  would be a true honour..

well done KT for posting this thread:l:l:l

Comment

An amazing man

Ktab...thank you for sharing this ...
                    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

An amazing man

wow
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

An amazing man

It puts us to shame when we complain. I show these things to my grands; my son thinks it's to harsh for them, but with a shop-a-holic, drug dealer dating mom, their values are skewed. My whole focus is to keep them feeling they are loved, and keep them grounded. Stories like this get the point across SO much faster and better than my words.
                        Thank you.

BTW Sometimes I wonder who the REAL champions, kings, queens of our world are, when you can walk in an brush your teeth without a second thought, and others have to plan out their moves, just for hygiene. We have people here earning millions everytime they throw or kick a ball. Great entertainment. But the HEART will never compare to this man.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

An amazing man

thnks wanna and ktab.

what an eye opener!

i so need to stop whining about stupid, trivial stuff and hand myself an ounce of self esteem.

perhaps instead of guilt tripping all the time about our addiction, why not start a thread bigging ourselves up, telling each other what we do have to be proud of, or what we have achieved or do well in life, no matter how small or big. to refer to in those dark times, when we portray pourselves as notings or useless. because each and every one of us is human and considering the fight we fight every day, well and truly deserve a compliment! hell, i'm off to start it off!:h
                          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

An amazing man

I hadn't seen before. We need these reality checks way more than I like to admit.
                            Here's another if you're interested. The whole series is pretty good actually.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponGTuRxIQg&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Excuses Begone - Wayne Dyer - 5/13

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

An amazing man

Way to go GW! I love your idea. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X