Going al Free this w/e Support needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my first al free w/e for as long as I can remember! I know it is going to be tough but I have really had enough of al taking away my weekends. I am af during the week but a bit of a binger Frid and Sat nights. Cant just have 1 or 2 glasses more like 1 or 2 bottles of wine. My plan is to keep busy.Its now 5.30pm in OZ and I would have normally downed a bottle of wine by now.The cravings havent been to bad this far BUT I am very wary of how al can tap u on the shoulder! I must stay vigilant. So thanks everyone THIS is my commitment to YOU GUYS .........I won't drink THIS weekend!!!:thanks:

Hi boozer,
    Time for a plan, methinks. I love a good plan.

Try not to overthink this, it's 2 days,48 hours and you're going to do this without a horrible hangover.

First take your notebook or write your plan out here. If needs be do this plan hour by hour.
    8 am shower and breakfast
    9 am Get out to the shops, buy or rent a DVD that you've always wanted to watch
    and so on

This is doable and you'll be so proud and pleased with yourself come Monday.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ditto all JC says. It is only 48 hours, the worst that can happen is boredom! Give it a go you will be proud on Mon and it will make next weekend much easier cos you've done it already!!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thanks Jackie Claire,Yes I am planning 1 hr at a time.I know its not going to be easy so I will stay close to MWO. We are going out now for some curry.I know there will be lots of grog. I am armed with Diet Coke.Will only stay a short time then back home to watch the football. Somewhere on MWO I read a post saying"I LOVE being al free" That statement has me wanting some more al free time as well! I once read U cant smoke and be intelligent at the same time.........I think al is the same (for me) Thanks Jackie:thanks:

Comment

And stock up the fridge with loads of soft drinks/juice so is something in there to drink.
          On my first AF Friday night I drank at least 10 cans of Sprite because it was such a habit to keep opening a can and drinking. It got me through it though.
          Cross post - good you've got Coke.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Water with lemon juice helps detox as well! If you want it, you can do it.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Good luck Boozer,

I'm on day 2, the equivalent of almost a weekend. It's been ok so far

(But that's probably because of how physically and mentally dreadful I felt yesterday)!

You most definately can do it........

Comment

Go for it Boozer. Great idea to leave the restaurant early and go home to watch the footy. Less anxiety that way. Keep distracted, e.g. dvd's, walking/exercise, reading....distract your mind. Keep busy, and 2 word's.........'Toolbox' thread, and exit plan.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'll support you, actually I am with you, doing the same myself - I like the dvd idea Guitarista, been ages since I watched a good movie

Comment

Thanks Everyone for your support. I made it! Its now 2.10 pm Sat in OZ and a beautiful Autumn day. I am still al free and didn't drink last night........... just coke. The dinner last night went really well.Actually,It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.Picked up a bottle of wine for my wife on the way to the restaurant (She is a normal drinker,just has 2 or 3 on sat/frid nights and thats it....how lucky she is.)I didn't know what my friends would think,but they hardly noticed I wasn't drinking, I just said I wanted to try a w/e without al to see what it was like! So, THE PLAN now is to go af tonight (Sat).So I am keeping myself really busy. WANNA CHANGE............let me know how U are doing WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:yay:

Comment

Hey boozer - congrats on last night!! You can do it again!! Dont you feel so good about yourself???
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                      X