How to stay focused? | Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly how you, stuggling myself. This site has helped me heaps. If i didnt use this site i reckon id be drinking by now.
    Eat something and watch a good movie for two hours and the craving should pass.
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

Thank you everyone!

I did wait it out. Wow it was tough didn't think I would make it. Must believe that the feeling will pass. Like I said in my thread "when you are in the throws of a real nasty craving you feel like it will never fade".

Phew it was such a close one. Still sad but dealing with it sober. and tomorrow I won't be devastated that I caved! This was the worst night yet.
      :l

Comment

I'm so glad meech. you had me worried there. maybe that will give you the strength to get through other emotional hurdles. well, i'm off to bed shortly. have a good night meech...techie
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey Meech, Howzit going there now?!!

I feel you! So glad i'm through my rough patch again for now. They come and go!! STay strong!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

johnnyh;863779 wrote: Hey guyz, just posted this in the daily AF thread but was thinking I might get some more/quicker response here.

The thought crossed my mind today that I cannot see myself staying AF for the rest of my life. I don't even know how to make it through another couple of months to make it to 6mths. I just realised I need to start focusing on the daily challenge again. ODAT. The thought of making it for much longer seems daunting. I don't know how. I've struggled quite a bit more then usual today. How many times more untill I give in?!
            God help me, cause I don't know how. Today I was thinking, I just feel like getting wasted, drink some booze, smoke some pot or whatever the hell will get me away from this place (I was feeling a bit depressed today too.)

How to stay positively focused on the near future and not lose hope?!!!
            I also think so.
            Thanks you for the post.

Comment

Hi Helen,

Welcome!!

It's going better again since I posted this. There are bad days and good days. At the moment I'm having a couple of good ones again.

Over all I must say still the best decision I've made nearly 2 1/2 months ago!!!

Can just encourage anyone.

How are you doing?! You trying to get some AF time together? Or still trying to find the courage?

thank you for your post.
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Keep up the good work Johnny!

Welcome Helen, how are you going today?

Best wishes all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                X