Army Thread 22nd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 22nd May

Mrs Donovan;864353 wrote: Jackie - so true - i'm so careful on holiday but at home you don't think you'll burn! silly.

cinders - wow that does sound hard to cope with 100 degrees and humidity. I'd probably faint. We went to vegas a few years ago and I ended up in bed in the hotel with dehydration because I wasn't drinking enough water.

Morning Stirly You're so colourful!
    Yeah, but Vegas is a "dry heat." Which means it is not bad. :H:H

Yes you must drink water in Vegas.

I have lived in El Paso, TX (USA) a few times. It was a dry heat. 100+ F and no humidity.

Okay 5% or so.

I thought I had terminal chapped lips. OMG. Not kidding. Nose bled, lips bled, other things bled. It was not pretty.

Eventually the human body adapts.

Then you go back to the southern USA with all its humidity and it really, really sucks.

Then you get used to it.

Thank God for the adaptability of the human body. An amazing thing, actually.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Morning Starts, JC, Johnny, Mario & Cindi.

If I've missed anyone, please forgive me: I slept late and am only now surfacing and not even halfway through my 1st cup of coffee.

Beautiful autumn day in Stellenbosch. IT's summery, actually: we're headed for a high of 27.

Helping the cubs with a few things around last projects and exam prep this morning, and then Mrs.T and I are off to the Super 14 (rugby series between Saffas, Aussies & NZ) semi-final at Newlands stadium in Cape Town.

I'm wondering if Wanna has been to bed yet after his marathon nap yesterday?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Argh. Tip, you got a spare ticket?

i'm back! mmmm. that cuppa java is good.
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Morning everyone who's surfaced now.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Wasn'T around much the last few days,i have been out travelling this country,and it was great,i would bring me laptop but sometimes mrs mario might get a bit jealous when i start to forget she is with me and start talking to everyone here:-) (even though really she loves you all to),ok i am off again but certainly will be back laters. have a good happy sober sunny saturday :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Hey, Johnny

Mrs. T's company has a suite at Newlands, so we get to go there.

Its going to be a helluva long day, though. Some people have asked to watch the Bulls game at the suite, so we'll be there from 5.00 already. We're not likely to get back to Stellies before 11.00 tonight.

And you can imagine how drunk people get in the space a four hours of watching rugby

On the upside: the catering is normally rather good!
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Bye, Mario!
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Yeah. I wish you strenght Tip. I know wha'ts going on in those boxes. I used to get motherless. Ant that's usually just over the duration of one game.

You're so fortuante tho. Ppl would kill for tickets and there you are sitting in a hospitality suite. I envy you :-)

Luv the catering in the boses too :-)

Well long day here too. got a birthday party tongiht.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!

What a lovely day to be hangover free!! (and smoke free)

Bring on the sunshine! (and I am not even a sunshine person)

Life is bleedin good!
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

hi & BYE JOHNNY H

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

hi & bye one2many :-)

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Morning, Onerooney!!!

Did ya sleep well?
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Cheers Mario
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

Morning Oney.

Fantastic day here. just now there was some cloud cover but now blue skys again. Sending the clouds back to Brittain where they belong :-D
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army Thread 22nd May

johnnyh;864390 wrote: Yeah. I wish you strenght Tip. I know wha'ts going on in those boxes. I used to get motherless. Ant that's usually just over the duration of one game.

You're so fortuante tho. Ppl would kill for tickets and there you are sitting in a hospitality suite. I envy you :-)

Luv the catering in the boses too :-)

Well long day here too. got a birthday party tongiht.
                                The only thing that really bothers me is the load of shite peole talk when they drink too much, especially when watching sports. Thanks to the bac, I don't give a rat's arse about the AL.

But yeah, it is nice to experience the "vibe" at the live event.
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X