Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss

Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone could please tell me what aspect of the program makes you lose weight?? Is it the Topa?? If so, does the Topa kill the appetite? I've been taking it for a week and it hasn't killed my appetite. Haven't started the cd's or supps yet though. Any insight would be appreciated. If I'm not indulging in cocktails it would sure be nice to drop a few pounds!!

Thanks!

Weight Loss

Hi Whitney,

Not indulging in cocktails will help you drop a few pounds, but it takes time. Topa should help your appetite decrease, but on week one, you are at a pretty low dose. As you titrate up, your appetite will decrease accordingly. It just takes time. Try to be patient--you will find your appetite for booze and food going down.

Also, initially, the cd's help a lot with the cravings, as do the other supplements. It takes a while for the topa to really kick in for most people.

Good luck!

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Weight Loss

Don't take topa for weight loss. When I went to my dr. and told her that I was taking this med and exercising and had cut my drinking radically, I also said, "I haven't lost weight. Now tell me. Is that fair?" Well, it's now been four months, and I've lost 10 pounds. Once you see results from the exercise, you want to keep going with it. Be patient. It'll happen.

Comment

Weight Loss

they are right. it will happen.

Comment

Weight Loss

Thanks everyone! You're all right. I'm being impatient. (but someone asked me today if I've lost weight..yay!) Is it dangerous to just take topa and the powdered drink supplement in the morning? Do I really need all the other supps? I am not having a difficult time with cravings without them...anyone?

Thanks!!

Comment

Weight Loss

What happens if your underweight to begin with? I used to post frequently, but my life kind of blew up on me, and I haven't had time for myself lately. I am going to see my Dr. again next week. Initially, she told me NO!! for the Topa (which kind of pissed me off!), she prescribed lexipro, which I can't take because it makes me feel like I'm crazier that I was in the first place. I keep hearing that taking Topa, and following the program makes you lose lots of weight. I think that if I lost anymore weight, I would be sort of disgusting. Maybe when I quit drinking, I will eat healthier and maybe even put on some pounds? Thats what I'm hoping for, because when I finally do go to bed at night, I ache from all the abuse I've put my body through.

I soooo wish I were a normal person. It would just be so much easier.
            Krystal

Comment

Weight Loss

Krystal,

Try to make yourself eat. Drinking is bad enough for us. But I know from professionals that organ damage is much more devastating when nutrition is poor. Your body NEEDS healthy food, enough of it.

Good luck!

Ivy

Comment

Working...
              X