Army Thread 23rd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 23rd May

stirly-girly;865227 wrote: No, just the parsley. I don't know if I would like the mint because the pepper gives quite a strong flavour to the food. Thinking about it, I personally would not like the combination. Have eaten mint in spinach pies along with dill. Don't like it much there either... gets my taste buds mixed up....
    They go together lovely in tabbouleh, perfect for warm weather. And there is a lovely greek dish with butter beans tomatoes loads of garlic and mint I think?
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

OMG...I don't want a one of those lol...
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

My God you are all very busy yapping this morning

going to get some chillout & quality time for meself today with mrs mario, everyone happy here

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Stirly that CAN'T be real! My worst nightmare on a bad day!
          I'm soaking my fawcets in vinegar now. Note on label, 6% alcohol. Now, you'd have to be REALLY desperate to go for that. Yuk.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

KTAB;865233 wrote: They go together lovely in tabbouleh, perfect for warm weather. And there is a lovely greek dish with butter beans tomatoes loads of garlic and mint I think?
            Again, only use parsley with the beans. Garlic for sure and lots of onion. As for the tabbouleh (which I had to google to be sure) the mint would be divine. It's the thought of it with cooked peppers that I wouldn't like...
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Laters Marioman. have a lovely day xxx

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

hiya gaia, dident know who yer were for a min,nice to see you back here,why the name change ? or is it a long story

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

one2many;865242 wrote: Laters Marioman. have a lovely day xxx
                  i am not going anywhere :H this is my chillout & quality time

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Gaia;865237 wrote: Stirly that CAN'T be real! My worst nightmare on a bad day!
                    I'm soaking my fawcets in vinegar now. Note on label, 6% alcohol. Now, you'd have to be REALLY desperate to go for that. Yuk.
                    Vinegar contains alcohol. I thought the 6% or 7% thing was the strenght of the vinegar. That's what it says on my bottle....

I'm sitting here chuckling to myself - Mr. Stirly left for the :beach: about 10 minutes ago and it's just started to rain:H:H. Shoulda listened to the missus before he so smugly left...

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Here you go Stirly, I use lots of EVOO instead of stock and add some flat leaf parsley, served with warm rustic bread. Delish especially if left over night.

Vegetarian Recipes Around the World - Butter Beans with Mint and Tomatoes
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

mario;865246 wrote: i am not going anywhere :H this is my chillout & quality time
                        They are the very best type of days...

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Stirly, what's the strength if not alcohol?
                          Mario - the story is simple. Tulips are not my favorite flower. They are Mr. T's favorite flower. Since I have entered a new phase of complete abstention, I decided it was time to be myself for me, not try to please someone else, even if I do love Mr. T.
                          Gaia is the earth mother, a solid, constant force in the world. I do not believe in God but if ever there was a higher power, for me it would be her. (not meaning to offend the monotheists out there)
                          AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Gaia;865255 wrote: Stirly, what's the strength if not alcohol?
                            Mario - the story is simple. Tulips are not my favorite flower. They are Mr. T's favorite flower. Since I have entered a new phase of complete abstention, I decided it was time to be myself for me, not try to please someone else, even if I do love Mr. T.
                            Gaia is the earth mother, a solid, constant force in the world. I do not believe in God but if ever there was a higher power, for me it would be her. (not meaning to offend the monotheists out there)
                            got it and i am hoping for the best for you as i know you can do it.

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

I'll give it a try next time I make them. Add some cayenne pepper to those beans for a bit of a punch. Good job on the EVOO instead of the stock. I use tons of it. The stuffed tomatoes and peppers recipe uses 2 cups+ of it... serves 6-8 tho'. Now I really have to go or I'm not gonna have time to even boil eggs for lunch never mind something complicated...

Gaia - it's the acidity of the vinegar...

Have a great day, all...

Comment

Army Thread 23rd May

Enjoy Stirly!!

Gaia....there is no better reason than that .... xxx

AF 10th May 2010
                                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X