It Time for me to say My Good Byes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch, I will surely miss your reflections on recovery, AA, and life! I understand that we have to find family balance too. We will always be here. Just like AA - the door is always open. I like what Hippie said about keeping sobriety first, and so long as we do THAT the rest will fall into place. (well, I'm paraphrasing!)

:l

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Catch didn't get to know you all that well. The little that know made me aware of how much of a difference you have made to others here. For that I thank you and wish you all the best.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I wish you luck in your AF journey. If you are ever in need, don't be afraid to come back. We will welcome you with open arms.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Best of luck Catch. I have enjoyed your wisdom on the threads. Please come back whenever you like as everyone has said. We will all miss you.

Take care.

Winefree

Comment

good luck catch, sometimes we have to give back to those who hold us up in life. take care of him and you. stay sober xxx:l
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Good luck catch,hope you keep finding the strenght to win this battle,As everyone else has said drop by anytime you want or need. goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Catch,
                Sorry to see you go. Take care of yourself.
                AF since May 6, 2010

Forget the past, plan for tomorrow, and live for today.

Comment

Cheers Catch!!

All the best.

How nice though for you to post here and let us know what's happening. So understandable. It's so sad when ppl leave here without a word and you assume the worst.

Do keep us updated every once in a while though and let us know you're alright?!!!!

Be Blessed,
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi catch. I wish you all the best. May the Lord hold you and your family tight, and may everythin work out wonderfully for you and your family. Thanks for your advice to us, and please, come say hi to us now and then. Remember, through Jesus all is possible. Peace and love to you over and out.
                    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                    AF since 04th May 2010
                    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                    :crazymonkey:

Comment

Take care Catch! You are a star....
                      Best wishes to you and your family.

Greg x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good on you Catch for getting your priorities right...
                        But I'll remember you and your %$#% thread....hilarious....
                        Bridget
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

bye baby...miss u
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Dear Catch
                            You sound like you have youre arse well & truly in gear love !
                            I will miss your posts, but with a smile...
                            All my love to you & your family
                            Keep the miracle alive !!!
                            Goldie x
                            :sun:

Comment

I just like to post and say Thanks to you ALL.x

It funny the other day i was counting my AF days then i looked at the months and started counting the months then i started counting ahead of myself and then i started thinking to myself i have done all these months and then i started thinking that if i was drinking i would of only had a few af weeks, like last year. Someone said to me that is back to front thinking!!! The funny thing is the reward thinking started to creep in,. I know i have to be careful not to count numbers or months.

BTW Iam doing alright like i said on another thread my obsession thinking i turn into deternmination, And i read that Obsessiveness turned upside down becomes detemination.
                              The good think is i dont get that chronic tiredness any more

Thanks again and take good care.:l
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

I don't know you but are you sure this is the right way forward ? .. as I am sure you know recovery is a jigsaw ...... all parts slot together ..... AA, SMART, medication, MWO, friends .... and so on ...... It's obviously up to you .... take care PM x
                                I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

Working...
                                X