Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

girly's day one.

me again girly,
    While understand your reluctance to take the antabuse because of liver damage, I'm pretty sure that the AL will do you much more harm in the long run.

To get my facts straight I'm in touch with a drug and alcohol team here. I'll have to ring after 5 pm as today is usually their busiest day with new intakes.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

girly's day one.

oh girly, that sounds like a spectacular slip up. sorry you're feeling rotten but i guess its expected. after almost 3 months i messed up last week with vodka.felt awful the next day, physically and worse mentally. i took it as a big lesson that i cant have that first drink. i think you realize that too. its so easy to slip back down the AL pit. many many stories on here show the same outcome of that first drink. be kind to yourself today and get well. remember how awful you feel next time you fancy that 'one' drink.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

girly's day one.

thanks spuds x glad you are on the up again x

jc thankyou for checking for me. x
        The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

girly's day one.

Go Girly Wirly you can do this :cheering:
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

girly's day one.

KTAB;866025 wrote: Go Girly Wirly you can do this :cheering:
            i can k, we all can. i've just said on another thread, nothing was particularly enjoyable about a drunk weekend, certainly nothing that i wouldn't have enjoyed more sober!
            its bloody hard work getting drunk/ feeling like shit/getting drunk again....
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

girly's day one.

I know what you mean, it can feel like being stuck on a never ending merry-go-round ride. And it is wearing, but the good news is it is never to late to decide to get off the bloody thing.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

girly's day one.

Girly, valeriana is a natural relaxant..
                I used that mixed with passiflora..sorry I don't know the english names for it, but it takes the edge off and help you relax and any heart pulpitations which are the norm as the body comes down from a binge..
                just relax and drink lots of water, have you got any vit B ??
                helps the liver clean out the booze..
                once you're feeling a bit stronger then you can start on the anti-craving etc drugs..

but today just do what you can to get thru without thinking fuck it, I'm just gonna have another hair of the dog..
                coz that dog will just kick you up the arse kiddo....

just stick around the pc and natter when you can..
                we are all about..:l:l:h

p.s. googled it.. Passiflora= passion flower..crataegus = hawthorn, these mixed with valeriana are very good

Comment

girly's day one.

girly wirly;865923 wrote:
                  so. back to square 1. when will i learn not to take that first drink?
                  day one.
                  KTAB;866033 wrote:
                  I know what you mean, it can feel like being stuck on a never ending merry-go-round ride. And it is wearing, but the good news is it is never to late to decide to get off the bloody thing.
                  Hey Girly,
                  Back to day one myself and not pleased about it. But there's nothing I can do about it now and as KTAB says, it's never too late to start over. Just have to be stronger when those urges start up and fight back harder. Strength to us all whether it's day 1 or 1000. At least we all have each other here to help us back on the wagon...
                  Stirly...
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

girly's day one.

stirly-girly;866041 wrote: Hey Girly,
                    Back to day one myself and not pleased about it. But there's nothing I can do about it now and as KTAB says, it's never too late to start over. Just have to be stronger when those urges start up and fight back harder. Strength to us all whether it's day 1 or 1000. At least we all have each other here to help us back on the wagon...
                    Stirly...
                    that is sooooo true honey,
                    there's nothing you can do about it by getting down about it,
                    just start over again, but with stonger will to do again, there is zero judgement here, coz we have all done it many, many times..I know I did..!
                    just gotta pick yourself up and ride it thru..
                    it does get better I promise..:h
                    it is a rollercoaster ride, is the perfect name for it..

Comment

girly's day one.

stirly-girly;866041 wrote: Hey Girly,
                      Stirly...
                      oh well, lets dust ourselves down and get on with this sober day. and as you too are a girly, you can have half my girly's day one thread

Comment

girly's day one.

Hi Girly,
                        Sorry to hear about your slip, and that you're feeling so bad. Like others have said, there's nothing to do now but just move on and start over from here. Please take care of yourself today, and I hope you feel better soon!
                        :h
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

girly's day one.

The past is the past. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. A fresh start.

Like many have said, we have all been there. Oh the "I'll just have a few and stop" . boy have I told myself that a thousand times and always failed.

I find the 3rd-4th drink even harder to fight off than the first because I am starting to feel that nice buzz and the AL Beast really has a firm grip at that point. Just fight of the first. You can do it!!!!!!

Comment

girly's day one.

me again girly,

Just got of the phone to the drug and alcohol I used to got in Newcastle unfortunately they didn't have a doctor on duty. I did have a chat with the nurse (who was also my key worker) and he gave me a number of a service in your area that you can ring without referral from your GP.

I'll pm you the number.

Sorry if anyone else needs the number but it's only for people living in the North East Of England.

J x
                            :l
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

girly's day one.

hi everyone

hope everyone had a great sober day. thanks for that jc i have sent you a p.m. you dont half look after me fellow geordie

i dank again. so here i am back again.... went out to my autistic eldest daughters friends birthday party, held in a bar/ eaterie. chatting with the mums everyone was having a small lager. off i went .... didn't have alot though, but after all the reading and self motivating i did yesterday it shouldnt have been any! this recovery really truly is a minute, an hour, a day at a time.

no plans for today other than ironing, so i should get through. thanks for standing by me, i will get there i'm sure.

gw x

Comment

Working...
                              X