Army Thread 24th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th May

Really overcast and damp today, so is the weather.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

spuddleduck;866023 wrote: I WANT MY GARDEN TO BE LIKE THE CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW
      All fake?

Surely not?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

my parents in law went to the Chelsea hoo ha thingy last year and came back quite smug cos they're garden was a million times better and likely to last all summer

morning Tips another busy day
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

JackieClaire;866029 wrote:

morning Tips another busy day
          Hey, JC

Yup - but mostly in the morning. I should be around a little more this arvie to boost my post count
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

girly wirly;865923 wrote:
            so. back to square 1. when will i learn not to take that first drink?
            day one.
            Okay - gotta post this...
            I hate to admit it but I'm back at day one also. I don't like to count days so I'm just going to make a note of the date and keep putting one foot in front of the other - back on track and be stronger in fighting the triggers. Am angry at myself but what's done is done and there's no correcting it now.
            It's a new day, a new week and I'm just going to do my damn best to beat this AL bugger.
            Stirly
            P.S. No pats on the head or hugs, thank you. A good hard kick in the butt would be more like it.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

well I would put the kick up the butt smilie thing but as you know I've got an overactive mouse and lord knows what thread it would end up on.

so off you go and get yourself armed with L-glut, milk thistle and B1 (that one's good for you anyway)

consider your butt well and truly kicked

but here's a :l any way.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

Ah Stirly, sorry to hear that. I have been all over the place the last few weeks, but I can say: today I am not going to drink. Everyone care to join me?

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

KTAB;866043 wrote: Ah Stirly, sorry to hear that. I have been all over the place the last few weeks, but I can say: today I am not going to drink. Everyone care to join me?
                  me, I too commit to not drinking today.

ODAT
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

Ok thats 3 of us to start and I am keeping a list. Strength in numbers and accountability is important so lets use what we have here in the army. I love the silliness that prevails here every day but sometimes we need that bit of steel and resolve as well.

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

Exactly KT,
                      That's what I love about the Army how it can turn it silliness round in a heartbeat to more serious matters
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

KTAB;866043 wrote: Ah Stirly, sorry to hear that. I have been all over the place the last few weeks, but I can say: today I am not going to drink. Everyone care to join me?
                        I'm not going to drink tomorrow either. Already decided. Have to remember my own "words of wisdom" about this whole AL thing. So easy to give advice to others but sometimes so hard to follow your own advice. I have a terrible time sleeping. Usually only sleep 3 to 4 hours a night and there has been the odd night when I've only slept a couple of hours. But the truth is that I feel better when I get up after not sleeping much, than I do after I've "slept" with AL for 10 hours. And he's a lousy lover to boot.
                        Am off to punish myself by doing some housework. Ironing and closets sound like the proper sentence for the crime.
                        Will see you all later....
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

Yeah go on sure, I will give the old AL the shove today too, I have to admit tho I quite enjoyed the one glass of wine I had last night with dinner when I was out with a friend, quite harmless and felt no need for any more, she was drinking wine and it seemed rude not to, no feelings of guilt whatsoever.

Morning by the way

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

You can count me in...ODAT...

Stirly, bend over....BOOT!! now bet that hurt, theres a kick in the arse for ya...

Back in the saddle Y'all!
                            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

Hi Wanna, bye Stirly.
                              Not trying to turn us into the ODAT thread, just thought today might be a good day for a reassessment for all of us, individually. I think stopping and taking stock is no bad thing no matter how well, or bad for that matter, we think we are doing. Normal silliness can resume now.

Comment

Army Thread 24th May

Hi Oney, didnt see you squeeze your way in there, that butt is strangely disturbing.

Comment

Working...
                                X