Army thread 27th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 27th May

Thinking of relocating to Germany in about 6 months or so, Berlin first and then who knows where. Scary though in terms of the logistics.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army thread 27th May

johnnyh;868851 wrote: Hi Mario!!

How you doing chap?! Going strong?!
      going great thanks a few bumps on the road but still going in the same direction

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread 27th May

mario;868853 wrote: going great thanks a few bumps on the road but still going in the same direction
        How often do you have to go to the counselling sessions actually?! you go quite frequently?
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army thread 27th May

johnnyh;868858 wrote: How often do you have to go to the counselling sessions actually?! you go quite frequently?
          Well at the start i went to one to one sessions which lasted a month,then i went into group therpy which lasted 3 months,then i carried on into an aftercare programe which lasted 9 months,(these sessions were all just for 1 to 2 hours a week,I am now going back to my original councillor as i am finding my self healing and being more aware of myself i have to deal with some awfull things from my past.so thats where i am at now

Comment

Army thread 27th May

Fair play to you Mario, I imagine it is very very hard but also necessary to begin to heal completely.

I think I will go back to my counsellor too.
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

I still hope i'll be able to to see a consellor some day. I struggle to really let go and talk about things openly with someone. Scratchin a little bit on the surface, no problem with me, but i have baggage like all of us I'm sure, I just wish I had the strenght to talk about so I can let go.

I know you were feeling quite drained the other day. How you feeling now? Do you feel better between the sessions than say before?! i.e. is there progress in your healing?!
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

Sorry, so how often do you go Mario? once a week?
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

I used to feel really really tired after my sessions...like I had been dragged thryu a hedge backwards, but always felt better the next day..
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

johnnyh;868874 wrote: Sorry, so how often do you go Mario? once a week?

yes, 1 hour to 2 hours a week once you find a good councillor you be on the pigs back:H

Comment

Army thread 27th May

haha.

You sound a lot better, I must say.

Or ist it just a little bit like slamming your finger in the door? It's so goood when the paing goes? not that you're any better of than before?
                      AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

I am feeling great,mentally & physically,have been for the last 8 months or so,but we still have to deal with life with its ups and downs,but dealing with them i will.

Comment

Army thread 27th May

That's good Mario! Really glad for you. Yeah, Life is life.

One day i'll do teh counselling. I know it and I want to do it. I'm just still trying to get the gutz to go through with it. I've had an appointment once some time ago. The counsellor phoned and postponed last minute.... I never went eventually. I was all ready to go that day and had taken all the gutz, he cancelled. well.. knwo I can't blame the world. But I thought that was my time...
                          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

Thanks for your honesty Mario!! It helps me brother. One day,,, one day...
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Army thread 27th May

Well of you go johhnyh and do it again,its up to oneself to get the help that is needed,no time like the present :-)

Comment

Army thread 27th May

So excited to be moving to Europe on a ligther note. Not that it's in sight yet, but I can't wait. I really want to do some travelling. Visit you Irish lot, see places in Europe I havn't. South Africa is a beautiful country, its ppl, climate, natural beauty. But the culture and history in Europe, unbeaten.
                                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X