Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day One for me AF. and it is witching hour..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here I am again. Nice to see some old faces still here. I'm still struggling with AL. So over feeling like crap all day, every day. Today it was not even the hangover it was the pain in my lower legs and pins and needles in my feet. Does anyone else have this pain in the legs and if so what is it? It hurt even to walk.. I'm disgusted with myself and to ashamed to reach out for help..so here I am again. I'm going to bed sober tonight. Read read read. With every story I read here I can relate to in some way...

You can do it!!! Welcome back!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi Mia welcome back, loads of support here as you no doubt know. Sleep well and come back tomorrow.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hi mia welcome back,
        you know you can get a lot of help and advice here as well as excellent support but the first step has to be taken & done by yourself,hope to see you around :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks johnnyn! well the withching hour has passsed and I am AF!!! I just ate to much though for dinner. But I will wake up tommorrow feeling great and proud!! Day 2 tommorrow.

Comment

I've had the pain and pins & needles the first is because AL dehydrates your joints, ouchy plus AL being a pain killer has kept you under it's wraps and when you take it away normal pain levels come back. P & Ns just a side effect of the AL and will wear off soon. I did find the aches took up to a month to sort themselves out. Just your body recovering.

Comment

well done mia,hope to see ya tomorrow

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks Mario and KTAB. I have read alot of both of your posts today. Helped me heaps. It is so nice to be sober at this time of night. I must do another one tommorrow...

Comment

Welcome back Mia!
                  Congratulations on getting through last night sober. Now keep going today, and you'll be suprised at how fast the AF days add up. Please keep reading and posting. I look forward to getting to know you!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

welcome back mia, look forward to your posts. good luck xx
                    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Welcome back Mia! If I can do it, so can you.

I had a very bad pain in one of my feet before I stopped drinking. I thought I had a crack in my bone or something! After a couple of months AF and taking the My Way Out supplements, it was completely gone. I do think AL causes problems like that in addition to masking other issues that need medical attention.

Sober, you will be able to sort it all out.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I agree 100% with doggygirl. Alcohol has a direct impact on bones and muscle. I notice a significant difference in my aches & pains in the two week I've been AF
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks its nice to be back with people that understand what you are going through. Hi K9 and girly wirly. Hi Doggy girl i remember you from 2 years ago congraulations well done you are my inspiration!!! I have to go now of to work without a hangover.. Day 2 and i will be strong. No stopping of at the shops 2 buy 2 bottles of vino xxxx

Comment

Congrats on finishing Day 1, and getting a great hangover free start on day 2! :yougo:

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

On day 2. Witching hour is nearly over. I was a bit scattered 15 more minutes to go and its over.. But I just ate 6 chocolate biscuits.. I dont care as long as i wake up tommorrow happy and without being disgusted in myself.. here we come day 3. I know day 3 is hard for me. Make a plan...

Comment

Working...
                              X