Dad is getting closer to death...and so goes my drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panno;871280 wrote: Ad when I find I have alot of things to do and feel like everything is crashing in on me I tend to make a list with a time-table and more often than not it helps me. I tick off what I have done when I have done it and what I have not finished I go to bed knowing what I have to do first thing so when I wake up the next morning I can get straight on to them rather than my head still spinning with too much to do. x
    Right, thanks. I have an appt Tuesday a.m. to get my dogs their shots so they can be boarded. I have the "funeral dress" purchased. That is one of the first things I did was to buy the appropriate dress. I am thinking in these terms. Ok, what REALLY needs to be done? In my mind, I am going to catch a shuttle from the airport to the car rental place and rent a car. I just cannot seem to think beyond these things these days. I know what MUST be done but I have little energy left over to get other stuff done.

Hospice is a wonderful thing for the dying, but it's not a wonderful thing for the living in some ways. We get to "wait." I always thought I would just get a call someday and fly up there and my Dad would be in ICU and it would go like that. Guess what? It's never like you think. I have to think about him starving to death now. It sucks. But it is what it is and I am not a trained medical professional so I am just trusting they are doing the RIGHT thing and the compassionate thing.

Comment

Ok, so now I've really upset myself thinking about too many details here. Sorry. I am going to sign off MWO and come back at another time when I am in a better frame of mind. I hope I don't seem "too out there," but my mind is just focused on all these details and I should probably just distract myself.

Thanks Panno and all.

Comment

Working...
      X