I need a hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a hug

I just really need someone to tell me right now that it's okay. When is this going to end. Thank God I'm a strong person, but I'm really getting tired of holding everyone else up!!

I need a hug

Hang in there Barb. Yes - some days are like that. It's lousy. But it will get better.

So, please accept these :l :l :l :l

Tawny

Comment

I need a hug

Hugs, Barb

You've been holding up a lot lately, Barb.

:l :l (((((((BARB))))))):l :l

Love, Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I need a hug

Hi WWBarb:

I am getting the seed of a new idea in my mind.

Do you know how to roller skate? Did you do it as a child?

I am thinking of taking my half-century old carcass to a roller skating rink in a town a ways away.

I have not done it in 25 years I believe. Yep, last time was when I was 25 in a little Oklahoma town, because I was "baby-sitting" my cousins who were young teens as the time.

Do something that just lets you be you, and not have to take care of anyone else. A little escape.

Consider yourself hugged.

Neil

Comment

I need a hug

Hi Barb,
          Hugs coming your way from France.
          Love from
          Suz
          Suz
          Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

I need a hug

Aw sorry Barb....Massive virtual hug coming your way....I agree with Phil...I know its difficult but try and escape for the day doing something you really love as a reward for all you efforts latley...Could be blading or a massage..or a bungee jump (?) or anything YOU like doing...Something that will put a smile on your face and forget your worries for just a while.......:l :l Macks:l :l
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I need a hug

Thank you all. Great idea about finding something I like to do. About five or six years ago we had a skating rink in our neighborhood. I took my son thinking I was going to fall on my butt. Had a great time - they closed it down.

Right now I don't have the time to take care of myself. I am going to work and then to my father-in-law's service. I have some committments over the next couple of weeks - then I can relax some. Looking forward to it!!

Thanks for the hugs - I really needed them. :h

Comment

I need a hug

Hi Barb,
                I don't know what your faith is, but when I feel that way, I've tried (not always succesfully, mind you) imagining being held like a little baby by the universe..knowing that it loves me more than I can ever love anybody or anything else..just settle and relax in that knowing..if only for a moment.

(((SUPER UNIVERSE HUGS))) :0)

Comment

I need a hug

Barb consider your toes painted, hair washed and bushed,oh and a nice massage,there... all better?

Comment

I need a hug

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BARB, I NEED A HUG TOO ! I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME,IF IT WAS'NT FOR ME MY FAMILY WOULD FALL APART!

Comment

I need a hug

Well, here's a big hug to you, too ((((((((Unregistered)))))))))

We all need them, and lots of them!

Kathy
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I need a hug

Hugs, hugs, hugs. Sometimes you need to crawl back in Mommy's lap, and you can't. But I have a huge virtual lap. That's what we're here for, sweety!

Comment

I need a hug

Barb,
                          Big Hugs!!!!
                          Huggie huggie boo boo ohh ohh ohh....oh

I hope you felt that hug cuz I really ment it. :l

(and no I'm not drinking! just huggie huggie boo boo feeling since your brought up the subject)

Gabby :flower:

Comment

I need a hug

HUGS

And this should make you laugh-
                            I joined Weight Watchers at the same time I decided to do this!!! How deluded am I??
                            :H
                            Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                            Plato

Comment

I need a hug

:wd: :yay: :happy:
                              Tumadre - great decision!! I am a huge advocate of Weight Watchers and find it very easy to stay on program when I am following MWO also - they go hand in hand. I have been a lifetime member for ten years and an employee of eight, so let me know if I can help.

By the way, when I was AF for six weeks, I lost 12 pounds in six weeks. It is so much easier to eat healthy and exercise when you are not drinking - good luck to you, and thanks for the hug!!

Comment

Working...
                              X