Pat on back day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat on back day

I've got 60 days and really pleased, just plodding on to 90.........it does get easier and my life is better already. Still difficult sometimes but definitely worth it. Also managed to get to the root of my issues and why I struggle with certain things. I was quite sad about this but also relieved as I can now explain a lot of "'why's".

:thanks: for the support I'v'e gotten here although I know I can be a bit outspoken at times!

Pat on back day

yeeeaaahhhh!!!! huge pat on the back to you. so well done. your words are always valuable. i bet you are feeling sooooo good right now... long may it last
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Pat on back day

WELL DONE UKB!

Getting to the root of one's issues can sometimes be crippling and sends us back to the bottle, Fair play for dealing with them and even better for finding some answers...I am still working on that one.

Be Proud!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Pat on back day

Great job UK!! You seem to be on solid ground and are a good example for others; keep right on going!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Pat on back day

Thanks.

Yup, turns out all the bullying I experienced throughout my school life was severe and significant. This pattern has repeated itself in my adult life at various points too and has resulted in firstly my drinking and secondly a whole bunch of odd behaviours plus how I react to certain situations. Was very sad to hear this as I really didn't realise what was happening wasn't acceptable, and that adults should have helped me. On the other hand it's a huge relief because it means I can over come all of this and become a much happier person.

Comment

Pat on back day

Inspiring stuff, UK!
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Pat on back day

UK blonde - coming to that kind of understanding brings such freedom. Congratulations on 60 days!
              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Pat on back day

Brilliant UKB,

Shout it loud and be proud.

J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Pat on back day

Well done UKB, it's a great achievement!
                  I too was very brutally bullied as a child at school and have often thought it had a very significant affect on my adult life, so was very interested in what you had to say. It's scary how something so long ago can still affect us today!:goodjob:
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Pat on back day

Congratulations on 60 days blonde.

Acceptance of my past was definitely a major step for me in moving forward. I still need to do a bit of 'digging' every now and again. I know I'll put down the spade completely one day and just accept me for who I am. It's all part of the process I believe and I could only do that whilst abstinent.

Keep pushing on with it no matter how vulnerable you may feel at times. It's worth it in the long run.

Many Blessings
                    Phil
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Pat on back day

:goodjob: UK Blonde, you are the best!! Way to go on your 60 Days, you are a great inspiration on here and always offer such insightful and honest feedback that I have sure appreciated. Keep on staying AF!
                      AF since April 19, 2010
                      NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                      -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Pat on back day

Congratulations on 60 days AF UK!

Comment

Pat on back day

Just GREAT work on your part UK. Keep it up and keep sharing your progress it keeps me going!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Pat on back day

:goodjob: UKBlonde on both the 60 days and the digging for answers. Keep up the good work!!
                            :h
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Pat on back day

Great achievement UKB - icing on the cake is your discoveries now that you are AF. Sounds so inspiring. xx

Comment

Working...
                              X