old timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old timers

I have been lurking these boards for over a year. It's the most awesome place in the world for those of us who struggle with drinking. I am wondering where all the old timers go? It's amazing to see so many new folks join, but where are the others? Is this a short term thing or what?

old timers

I don't mean to pry, but if you have been lurking here for over a year, why have you not registered? I understand your concern for the others, because I used to hang out here quite a bit during the summer, and then just stopped for reasons I can't explain. I know that there are a lot of us that get really involved in this site, and then just vanish with no explanation. I haven't logged on for about two months. I realized that I do need to be here, though, if I'm ever going to make changes in my life. I'm trying to start over. It is so hard for me, though.

I hope that you won't take my comment the wrong way. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just feel like when we actually register, we feel like we are part of a community that supports us no matter what we did the night before. I am hoping to gain some support again, because when I was here in July and August, I was really working towards making changes in my life. I can't say why I quit trying, but I know I need to be here often to see any changes in my lifestyle.
    Krystal

Comment

old timers

I don't know if I qualify as an "old timer" but I've been checkin in on these boards pretty much daily since early January. And posting & lurking since December... Still here.
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

old timers

And, good question from Mt mama, why haven't you registered? Are you just "posing" as someone else right now? You know RJ can tell....:H
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

old timers

I'm 8 months down the track. Does this make me an old timer? I'm comfortable with my drinking now and I'm ecstatic about the relationships I've developed with other like-minded people.

No - I don't believe it's a short-term thing. I believe it will be with me forever. I certainly hope so.

Comment

old timers

I've been here for 10 1/2 months. What are your requirements to be an "old timer" anyway? :H If you've been around as long as you say, surely you know that Tawny, Judie and I have been around for quite a while, as well as many others. Check out the Long Term Moderators and Long Term Abstainers forum too to check out further names to add to your list.

Some people do move on, and some of us continue to enjoy and/or need the fellowship of this community.

So, to answer your question, not ALL of the old timers go.

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

old timers

forgot my password

Hello you all, I am a registered user, just on a unfamiliar computer, and couldn't log in. Good to see the old timers are still around. It's also nice to see so many new names. Monday, I'll be back to my regular computer that automatically signs me in.
              Meow,
              MonaCat

Comment

old timers

Monacat!!!!! we have been looking for you!!!

How are you?????
                Hug
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

old timers

Hi Mona,

I have been around (off and on) since August or September of 2005. It took me a couple of attempts for the program to really "take." But I guess, in a way, that makes me an old timer. I hope to be around here for a good long time, too.

Mike
                  "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

old timers

Mona, you sneaky peeps, you!!! Meow!
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

old timers

my goal to smell like moth balls lol

Comment

old timers

Hey you all, it's so wonderful to be mysterious, and missed. Special kitty kisses to Kathy and Jenneh. I just love you old timers.
                        Meow-Meow
                        MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                        X