Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Hiya all, I've been in touch via Facebook with Tanya, one of MaryAnne's friends and unfortunately her horses are being neglected.

Tanya is taking some food over to them but can anyone else nearby do anything to help???

I will happily send some money via paypal to anyone able to get the food to them.

I can pm the location to anyone near or even get Tanyas number.

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Oh shit BB
    Is there any organisation over there that can help?
    Who looked after them while she was travelling?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Awwhh Jesus, this is sad.....if I can help, let me know.
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

BB,

Get in touch with the humane society! Why doesn't Tanya know to do this? I don't get it.

Suicide was really not such a great idea.

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

I agree with Lucky on this one. The Humane Society needs to be made aware of these horses. They can protect and care for them.

Contributions and Tanya going to them when she can is not a good solution. It is like plugging a dike with a cork!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

luCKy;872245 wrote: BB,

Get in touch with the humane society! Why doesn't Tanya know to do this? I don't get it.

Suicide was really not such a great idea.

Wow.

I agree with calling the humane society.

I think the last comment was sarcastic, nasty and uncalled for.
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Who are the current owners (her immediate family)? Is Tanya or someone in contact with them? I'm assuming they are kept at home or some type of self care. If they (whoever owns them) are unable or unwilling to care for them properly, the horses need to be somewhere else. If it's ignorance on horse care and feeding, they need to get knowledgeable advice. It's not rocket science, but horses have rather delicate systems. They need to be fed the same thing every day, and if the type of feed is changed, it has to done gradually over a period of days. Even upping their feed has to be done fairly gradually. They can have grass hay free choice - if they are "easy keepers", such as Quarterhorses, they would do fine on this - but they do consume quite a bit in one day. I have seen cases too where well meaning but ignorant owners think because there appears to something growing in the pasture that it is edible or enough.

They also need their hooves trimmed or reshod every 5-6 weeks. They are also expensive to care for - even with self care, you always have feed and farrier bills.

If there is no contact with the owners, contact the humane society, and keep checking on the horses and following up to make sure something has been done.

Please keep us up to date, Tanya. I wish the best for them.
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Dancelot,

Thanks so much for your expertise in this matter. I know nothing about horses, but it sounds like you do.

Poor horses. They must be taken care of. I can only suggest to contact the Humane Society for help, if no one knowledgeable and with the resources can jump in and help. I wish I could. If I lived in the area and knew about horses, I'd go over there and help.

As a pet owner myself and having experienced my fair share of problems, I could only hope someone would help me out. Prayers go out to the horses.

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

There are horse rescue farms all over and the humane society can provide the nearest location!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

It is extremely sad to think that MA's beloved horses are not being care for, however, any temporary solution is just that. There needs to be a long term solution to this. Even when MA was alive there were issues with caring for them. She did not have a stable routine or plan to take care of them. She relied on the kindness of others to help her get hay and to board them.
                    I know this is up to her family, Tanya and the others that have helped in the past but there needs to be a permanant solution for them. They need to find a good home and if that means they need to be sent to the humane society to do it then that is what needs to be done. We could all send money but none of us (at least I don't think any) are in a position to adopt and care for them long.
                    Sad but true.

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

BB,

Please provide me the address or location where they are and I will call the Humane Society. You can PM me. Truthfully, I thought she had already lost the horses. What a terrible plight they have had.

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Tjis may provide some info for tanya...

Horse Rescue
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Great website Techie. Maybe someone has Tanya's e-mail address and can forward the link.

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Thanks Techie,

I don't have Tanya's email address but I will send it via facebook messages.

Thanks everyone xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Hellp for Cowgals Horses

Thanks Techie and BB!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X