Underoos and Friends - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmm ... MrG's at work but expect the rest of them are being sluggards. I shall wait with bated breath to hear words to the contrary.

Back into the pool I dive ...

Comment

tawnyfrog;895262 wrote: Arvo all,

It's a balmy 8C down here and it's only my innate sense of decency and decorum which prevents from from skipping, naked, in the paddock.
      It's your bloody paddock.
      Do what you want in it.:H
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hey Fickle...it works (your advice last night) This is our other cat, the young one. She's naughty tho' she doesn't look it here.

Comment

Me again Fic. Got the bit between my teeth now. Here is a pic of an ugly looking bastard I saw hanging around in my backyard. Be Afraid...anyone coming down here will be in the shit if he catches them.

Comment

Good day was had here! We are having corned beef and lots of mashed spud (sorry, spuddleuck if you are lurking!) and the odd veggie in preparation for the big race tomorrow. Weather has been absolutely crap, but i am hoping it has rained itself out and blown itself out before tomorrow. Both Mr B and I are still experiencing the last of our cold symptoms ... not so much concerned for me (I know I am able to walk the whole 10km, even though I would like to be able to run at least half and do it in a good time) but Mr B can be a bit stubborn. There is a lot of background that I haven't shared on this site because it is his story rather than mine. But this is just about one of the biggest things that he has done to overcome something that happened in the past. We have an agreement that if it is still pissing down in the morning he will withdraw from the marathon and just do the half. And he also has agreed to take his phone with him so he can call for support if needed. There are not many people doing the marathon distance, and the turning point is at a slightly isolated part of the coast ...

I am going to stop worrying. He is a big boy, and can make his own decisions. We have to be down there at 6:45 for the race briefing for his race. Mine starts at 9:30. We both expect to finish around 11:30, but my biggest motivation for finishing quickly is to be there for him at the end. With a big polar fleece blanket, and some carbohydrate and protein!!! He has overcome some huge barriers to be able to do this and I am very proud of what he has done.
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Go Missy and Mr.B. I'll be sending gentle weather vibes and good thoughts your way. You'll be there for him when he finishes.

Bluey - cool cat!

Comment

Peeps - I've just invited woywoyboy to join us. He's another muso. Hell - if we could only improve on the girly backing singers ... we'd get gigs all over the land!

Comment

Blue Heeler;894638 wrote: Surely Ladies don't root?
                  And we come like trains mate
                  Happy to be back

Comment

tawnyfrog;895292 wrote: Peeps - I've just invited woywoyboy to join us. He's another muso. Hell - if we could only improve on the girly backing singers ... we'd get gigs all over the land!
                    Tawny I have the voice of a bloody angel after a coupla Chardonnarys. Not sure how I'd go sober. I have zero tone.
                    Happy to be back

Comment

Tell me about it, Reggie ... my mob were doing bellywhackers in the dam all arvo. You should SEE their shoulders! Tried the old vinegar rub but hell - they blistered up like one of Poh's crispy fried pork skins.

So thankful I've got solar-powered ceiling fans. They're a boon!

Rabbit-o - some seem to think that Chardy opens the larynx. Don't believe them.

Comment

Gawsh. You had me going for a minute then. I was about to moan that it had rained all day here in Melbourne, then I remembered your in Vic too
                        Happy to be back

Comment

Got'cha. :H :H :H

Comment

G'day folks. Thanks to Tawny for inviiting me to this thread. It'll take me a few hours to read it all! Anyway, time to get ready to to go and play bass for 4 hours one of the local upmarket bars so I'll have to read it tomorrow. Wishing a great evening to all.
                            Diggin' being alive

Comment

GOOODY!!!!!!

Comment

Heya Tawny & Reg

Welcome, WWB
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...