Feeling angry! I need closure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. It's been a while since i been on. How is everyone doing? Well today is day 29AF for me, and i seem fine. Haven't really had much craving etc, been goin to church and tryin to fill my life with meaningfull, important, spiritually uplifting things. Yet every morning when i wake up, i am grumpy, grouchy, and almost seem angry. Ok i did hav a dream about the world ending. Huge tidal waves, and hurricanes etc destroying everything. I snapped at my wife, shouted at the kids, and lost my cool. I finally went outside for a smoke, and i got to thinkin. I've apologised, but i don't like who i am in the mornings. Am i bein a dry drunk? Cause the Not drinking isn't really bothering me at all. Maybe it's subconsciously. Any ideas. Cause i don't want to turn into a miserable sober guy. I want to enjoy this sober life, and hav fun and happiness with my family. Anyway, i'll chat Lata. Hava great day guys and girls. Good to be back on MWM. Missed it
    Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
    AF since 04th May 2010
    Fell overboard on the 8th July!
    My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
    :crazymonkey:

29 days is pretty good. I've just stopped tonight. I don't feel any different yet but it will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe you could try some St. Johns Wort...supposed to be calming?

Comment

well done to both of you,dizilizid this journey does take some time and haveing patence is another tool we have to accept,we did not become alcoholics/problem drinkers overnight and it wont stop overnight,give yourself a chance,have you put your plan into action yet ? as in doing something postive when you awake,well done on your 29 days.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

dizilizid - I have 23 days under my belt, and I feel the same as you. I am not missing drinking, but in the morning I am sort of sad, very irritable with my husband all the time. I was wondering if it was some sort of mourning period for the alcohol. I suppose there are a spectrum of emotions we are experiencing now that were suppressed by the drinking.
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

From what I've been reading it sounds like dry drunk syndrom to me for both of you. Are you taking the supplements the program outlines? If you are, are you using the original guidelines or the new ones? My second month of AF was horrible and I slipped twice. I was depressed as I've never been before and was yelling at my dogs constantly-no patience what so ever with anything or anybody. I redid the dosages on my supps, and added GABA and It's had a big difference in my outlook. I've also upped my exercise considerably and I believe that helps as well.
          But the most important thing of all is what Wise Mario said-we didn't get to this point overnight and we won't feel better overnite. Our brains need time to adjust to this new chemistry so please be nice and patient with yourselves. Treast yourselves to what makes you feel good and happy and do whatever you can to balance out the imbalance your bodies are going through.
          Good luck and keep posting! Lots of great people here and great advice. Everyone here has been through it all.

:l Papmom3
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

No-one is perfect and remember we need to relearn how to live without AL. I've lost the plot a few times since going AF, and expect to do so some more times ahead. Everyone does it just make sure you recognise and learn from it.

Comment

Hi D thank you for posting and sharing this. I was only thinking about my own mood of late, whilst I have not strung 29AF days together over these past 5 months my AL consumption has more than halved. I have noticed my tolerance levels are not what they use to be, I bark at people more than I ever use to sometimes for the good sometimes for the bad. I look forward to reading the feed back other people give.

P x
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi All,
                I coming up to 11 months AF and can confirm that I can still be as grumpy as the next woman sober or not.
                I had a huge falling out with my husband yesterday while trying to sort out our bedroom ready for decorating. While going through all the old books I found one called 'Living Sober'
                It's an AA publication but can be bought from Amazon. I don't go to AA but this book is full of great ideas.

J x
                :l
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Dizilizid,
                  For starters, congratulations on Day 29...that is awesome!
                  I completely understand what you are experiencing, and wonder if what I experience is also what they call being a "dry drunk". It's funny, sometimes in the morning I actually still FEEL like I have a hangover, even after 61 days of being AF. It's so wierd. It's like my mind cant actually accept the fact that I'm NOT hungover and my body is still trying to convince me that I am. Now this is not every morning, but every once in a while. I guess it's true what others here have said, we spent SO long soaking our bodies in AL that it does take time for it to adjust to being AF. Just be patient, and I'm sure you will balance out. Keep up the good work, you are doing such a great job!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

JackieClaire;873903 wrote: Hi All,
                    I coming up to 11 months AF and can confirm that I can still be as grumpy as the next woman sober or not.
                    I had a huge falling out with my husband yesterday while trying to sort out our bedroom ready for decorating. While going through all the old books I found one called 'Living Sober'
                    It's an AA publication but can be bought from Amazon. I don't go to AA but this book is full of great ideas.

J x
                    :l
                    Whether one goes to AA or not, they do have a lot of good stuff. A lot (if not most) of what they do covers learning more positive ways to think and live. Many of us never learned this in the first place, and without our AL as a coping mechanism, we can feel pretty lost (or angry - I can relate, but I'm learning better ways).

Another good site for this type of thing is Daily Recovery Readings. This is put out by AA and is very easy to read, and a good way to start the day, or if I need a lift.

I know I did mourn giving it up at first, but I was conscious of it. It was a big part of all of our lives - but it was a bigger problem as well, or none of us would be here.

Also, congratulations on 29 days AF! Keep learning, refining your toolbox, and you will find a way to keep it going and be happy. We are all works in progress, but step by step it does get better. Take care.
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

hey there, 29 days is fantastic! they were the hardest ones,just wathcout for the sneakey ones. I had some dozie temper tantrums(imagine a 100kg 2 yearold on pcp) i was on campral and found i helped a heap with PAWS(but if i forgot a few doses watchout). I lost it one day with the mower, i couldnt get the spark plug to loosen, so i took to it with the hammer,total destruction. then i went and rang the mowerman to come mo my lawn...

gratz again on the AL free time.
                      AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

p.s.
                        Post–acute withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Usually our AL abuse resulted from some other issue(s) in our life. A counsellor once told me, there is no such emotion as anger. Anger is an expression of the emotion sadness. Getting off AL may just be a first very big step in uncovering hidden issues we have no idea about. This is probably a good time to seek counselling if the anger is interferring with your life and happiness.
                          When I used to have anger issues, I would ask myself what I was sad about?
                          AF since April 19, 2010
                          NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
                          -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Thank you too everyone who replied. You all hav given such great ideas and advice. I haven't been taking the medication, and you're right DaybyDay, now that i think about it, it could be because i'm sad about things. Well, today is my day 30. Whoopa! Thank you everyone. Hava great day
                            Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                            AF since 04th May 2010
                            Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                            My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                            :crazymonkey:

Comment

daybyday;874494 wrote: Usually our AL abuse resulted from some other issue(s) in our life. A counsellor once told me, there is no such emotion as anger. Anger is an expression of the emotion sadness. Getting off AL may just be a first very big step in uncovering hidden issues we have no idea about. This is probably a good time to seek counselling if the anger is interferring with your life and happiness.
                              When I used to have anger issues, I would ask myself what I was sad about?
                              I feel as if the tide has gone out and now I know who was swimming naked, if that makes any sense. "Anger as an expression of emotional sadness", that is exactly what is feel like. Just to have this understanding helps. Thank you!
                              While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X