Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dizilizid's 60day boat that rocked Challenge! Who's gettin on board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No don't get caught up in this GMT stuff. Greenwich, England iwas established years ago as the place & time for the whole world. It resides at the zero meridian or, where "east meets west" All time is measured relative to GMT! Help?
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

you can adjust the setting to your time zone so that the thread times, etc. are displayed at your time. under user CP in the edit options.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I have no idea what you're all talkin about. How's it goin guys. Enjoyin the boat trip. Just got home. Not too bad. Geez that fish looks dangerous. What fish is it? Anyway, i must go below deck. See ya scallywags just now.
        Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
        AF since 04th May 2010
        Fell overboard on the 8th July!
        My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
        :crazymonkey:

Comment

Hi Cap. The fish is the 'tiger fish' found in africa mainly congo river systems. Nasty looking thing for sure. have a good one I'll see you on deck tomorrow
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

prancy;882489 wrote: Ah, thanks. Was MWO started in England? Enquiring minds want to know worthless information.
            Prancy I am so sorry I was remiss in wishisg you luck today with your family gathering. I do. Hope all goes well for you. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way...john

Comment

heading out for the big family drinkathon!

Thanks for the good wishes, John (and techie). I feel as prepared as I can be.....
              All will be revealed tomorrow on deck. And I hope the decks will be clean after that horrible fish! prancy

Comment

Hey, very cool on changing the time! Now I am Pacific time. Okay, okay, I am a little bit compulsive. But when you are out on the ocean, you can become confused!
                I know all about Greenwich Time as many years ago, I was an airline hostess (stewardess in those days) and we had to keep time by the 24 hour calendar and based on Greenwich time. I guess I didn't retain that very well, did I? Maybe a few brain cells lost to the demon rum.....

Comment

prancy;882710 wrote: Thanks for the good wishes, John (and techie). I feel as prepared as I can be.....
                  All will be revealed tomorrow on deck. And I hope the decks will be clean after that horrible fish! prancy
                  You take good care of you. I'll handle the deck. Wishing you the best...john

Comment

morning, morning.

All good with everyone I hope? I had nightmares of that blimmin Tiger fish. :H

Have a great day everyone.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Haha johnny. I didn't realise a tiger looked like that. Anyway, it's a beautiful day today, so we got smooth sailin ahead and today, i think we should all just relax and get some rays! Are the any ladies on board willin to apply the sun tan lotion?
                      AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Seen as you ask so nicely Dizzi - turn over and I will do your back .....
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Aah, thanks Panno. Now i can laze around in the sun all day. No work onboard today crew. We are just enjoying the beautiful day out at sea. Ok. Can my second in charge tell me how long we've been out here so far. How's our supplies doing? Who is my second in charge? Who wants to be? Lol
                          AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Hello to all. Hope the skies remain clear and the sea calm. I got through last night with the family drinkathon AF! But I have to say, it was difficult. No so much not to have a drink. I wasn't craving anything but to have to hang out with people when the main focus is drinking tropical concoctions and then talking about them --oh,this is sooooo good. Did you try this? This is the best Tiki Bar ever! etc., was hell. First it was long.... We left the house at 5 and got home at midnight but we did have dinner in there - at Trader Vic's with more tropical drinks and others. Second it was pretty boring. If you are not "participating" you just want to have a nice AF drink and be on your way. But of course, you can't. Then more drinks before dinner when you are hungry and feeling by now very left out. And then on the way home, of course I was driving everywhere but down to the original spot, my husband says how much fun he had and wasn't it a good time, etc. etc. All said in a very loud slightly slurry voice. And then has the nerve to ask me if I had a good time!! I almost pushed him out of the car. SO I said,
                            it really isn't much fun to watch a bunch of people drink for 6 hours. And he said, all sanctimonious, well, it really is about the people, isn't it? and not the drinking! This after 7 tropical drinks!

I made it through but it really gave me pause about how long I can live like that. I was so unhappy by the end of the evening, even waking up feeling good was a downer. Anyway, thanks for letting me whine. Tonight is the family barbeque at my daughter's house. This family is going to be the death of me!

Comment

I'm so happy for you prancy. You can live like that it does get better.

I've been to the Trader Vic's in Palo Alto where I got gooned of course. Please report about the bar-b-q. I hope you have a better time tonight

Comment

Good mornin everyone. Hope you all Hava beautiful day. Well done prancy on makin it through such a tough situation. Congrats
                                AF since 04th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X