Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY THREAD 4TH JUNE 201O

mario;876843 wrote: question maybe a stupid one but here goes,

what happens to all the emails we delete, where do they go, cyberspace ????
    I always wondered that...
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

greeny came back so i changed the subject clever or wat, we couldent beat to of them

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mario;876843 wrote: question maybe a stupid one but here goes,

what happens to all the emails we delete, where do they go, cyberspace ????
        It depends what way you have your email account set up. When we go get email they are downloaded from a server but may still be there. When we delete them from our email program the file on your computer is deleted but not the original on the server if it is set up to keep for a certain amount of time.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

greeneyes;876841 wrote: 3 of them on at the same time and they think there's a safety zone or something!
          Thought you had gone to the bank

Twas funny though, in a 14yr old schoolboy sort of way.

Comment

Hi de hi peeps.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

KTAB;876849 wrote: It depends what way you have your email account set up. When we go get email they are downloaded from a server but may still be there. When we delete them from our email program the file on your computer is deleted but not the original on the server if it is set up to keep for a certain amount of time.
              but where do the original server put them, do they pile up slowly in cyber landfills or do they disappear

Comment

mario;876854 wrote: but where do the original server put them, do they pile up slowly in cyber landfills or do they disappear
                Deleted after a certain amount of time I would imagine especially if they contain attachments because otherwise the server HD would eventually fill up. Mine are set to delete from the server after a week. They are electronic code so it is a bit like typing a message here then deleting it. Are you taking the P by any chance?

Hi Starty.

Comment

KTAB;876858 wrote: Deleted after a certain amount of time I would imagine especially if they contain attachments because otherwise the server HD would eventually fill up. Mine are set to delete from the server after a week. They are electronic code so it is a bit like typing a message here then deleting it. Are you taking the P by any chance?

Hi Starty.
                  no way ktab,just wondering were they all go as i just deleted lots of my mail,i am not really well up on pcs, just started on them when i got soberish:thanks:

Comment

That is clear as mud Ktab..thanks xxx

Hiya Starty x
                    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi, Starty

Mario: little fragments of data remains from any file we delete - doesn't matter if they were email, pictures, documents etc.

That is why the police can "reconstruct" hard drives if they need evidence in trials and such.

For the most part though, they go "poof" and disappear into nothingness...
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

No worries I can bore the arse off yis on Sunday about how it works...NOT.

Wow this is interesting. At first I thought it was a hoax, a photoshop job.

The Gates of Hell Just Opened In Guatemala

Comment

one2many;876861 wrote: That is clear as mud Ktab..thanks xxx

Hiya Starty x
                          :H:H i am getting it

Comment

tiptronic_ct;876862 wrote: Hi, Starty

Mario: little fragments of data remains from any file we delete - doesn't matter if they were email, pictures, documents etc.

That is why the police can "reconstruct" hard drives if they need evidence in trials and such.

For the most part though, they go "poof" and disappear into nothingness...
                            Thank you mr tips

Comment

KTAB;876863 wrote: No worries I can bore the arse off yis on Sunday about how it works...NOT.

Wow this is interesting. At first I thought it was a hoax, a photoshop job.

The Gates of Hell Just Opened In Guatemala
                              I saw that!!! They have flooding and a fecking volcano going off too!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;876869 wrote: I saw that!!! They have flooding and a fecking volcano going off too!
                                Maybe the Mayans were right...
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X