ARMY THREAD 4TH JUNE 201O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiptronic_ct;877081 wrote: WTF??? I've just checked your profile!
    I could have been your father!
    Checking my profile. tztztztz... That's a bit backhanded. :H
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Johnny: it is fantastic to see that there are people who come to their senses early on in life!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

johnnyh;877087 wrote: Checking my profile. tztztztz... That's a bit backhanded. :H
        All I know is if it had been JC's profile, I wouldn't have believed it...
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

outch. what is that suppose to mean?
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;877089 wrote: All I know is if it had been JC's profile, I wouldn't have believed it...
            :H:H:H check it now
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

johnnyh;877090 wrote: outch. what is that suppose to mean?
              I was kinda suggesting that JC is less than 100% honest about her age. (but don't tell her I said that)

Whereas I would tend to believe that the age on your profile is accurate.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JC, just noticed your pic! Was Bess saying she didn't want her pic taken?
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

JackieClaire;877092 wrote: :H:H:H check it now
                  :H:H:H

You're bloody clever!!!
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;877088 wrote: Johnny: it is fantastic to see that there are people who come to their senses early on in life!
                    Thanks man. My dad is an alcoholic and drug addict. I think it had a lot of influence on things. I've seen how these things happen when the children are bigger. (he's got a child not much older then my own). I'm not having that. The bug stops with me... now.

Then it's so easy to blame my drinking problems on my genes though isn't it? My grandfather was and alcoholic too.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

I didn't even know my age was publicly diplayed. lol.
                      AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

rubywillow;877094 wrote: JC, just noticed your pic! Was Bess saying she didn't want her pic taken?
                        it's just an image of a black Lab, Rubes

I've got some real ones of her that I'm gonna try and down load over the weekend
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

John, lots of AL's in my family too. Seems easy target for blame, huh?
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

johnnyh;877096 wrote: Thanks man. My dad is an alcoholic and drug addict. I think it had a lot of influence on things. I've seen how these things happen when the children are bigger. (he's got a child not much older then my own). I'm not having that. The bug stops with me... now.

Then it's so easy to blame my drinking problems on my genes though isn't it? My grandfather was and alcoholic too.
                            Yup: same kind of history here, with father, aunt as well as a grandfather being fellow alkies. And I agree: it doesn't represent an excuse at all.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FZVD5lsAw[/video]]YouTube - Who are You
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

rubywillow;877099 wrote: John, lots of AL's in my family too. Seems easy target for blame, huh?
                                Yeah. Well my dad is also in recovery now. It's an extra encouragement. I kinda want to stay sober in support of him and vice versa. What a sad thing to have in common tho
                                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X