never or less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never or less

havent done this for a while,maybe feeling sorry for myself,where else can i be me,but here,were a different kind of people,we cant talk to normal people,they think were crasy,were not,were cot up in a world tht cant decide what is rite,and we get stuk,is its not just just me,for all tht ive done ,this is what awaits me,colateral damage,my doc said you will wake up,i use to have to go out and get beat up,i paid the other day for somone else to put me back together,im understanding bettr now,the doc goes in,and fixes what ive damaged,it mt work,and it mt not,just like stopping drinking gang,what you think gykes

never or less

Hi Gyco.

Dealing with the real world outside of the the haze of AL remains the challenge. So easy through a drunken blurr, yet to discover there's a real world out there and the problems don't go away.

I luv this place because I can be myself and it helps me to rediscover who that person actually is.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

never or less

Gyco,

Collateral damage. Yes. It is something my hubby is extremely worried about: That I will finally win this struggle and have done so much damage that I won't survive anyway.

Well, as you know, surviving sober is so much better than surviving drunk, no matter how much time we have left.

I love this place for exactly the same reason. It is funny, but I tell ya'll stuff I would never even say in AA. :-)

I very much hope that you recover from whatever surgery you had to go through. MWO would be a sadder place if we lost our beloved Gyco. :-(

As for alcohol, never is much better than less. Played that stupid game for years and can't go there.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

never or less

Gy, my poet friend, I've lost SO many people this year, and a few from the "Collateral Damage". The latest is a lifelong friend who put Hubs and me together when we were 15. She was the one you'd most expect to be a Southern Baptist preacher's wife, yet it's AL that killed her. She wouldn't go to the doc till she had to be carried in on a stretcher, feet first, to the ER when she was so swollen and yellow she couldn't move. I won't go into all my connections with her over the last half century; it's a tragedy, a horrible affirmation of what AL does to our lives.
        Gy, I wish you would visit on the 'Journey Starts Here' thread. I miss you. And I know would get so much support and care with us. Hang in there, sweet boy.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
        X