Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got over a huge hurdle today!

hi all

day 2 al free. i went to see the doc today for another sick note for my back and to see about my depression getting worse. when i started to explain about how i feel in the school yard and i'mharbouring guilt from being off from work at the school, i feel like all the mums are staring, the heart pounding etc... the tears came, followed by a pretty bad panic attack, the third in two days. the doc calmed me down using distraction and breathing.

he told me it wasnt my depression making me feel the way i am, but anxiety disorder. this is brought on by long periods of stress. my sis and hubby have been doing the school run for me, to try to keep the panic attacks at bay. he told me this is common with anxiety and is known as avoidance, but in the end, does more harm than good. ive been avoiding my boss and just sending relatives in with sick notes for months now. i hadn't even informed her that they are going to operate. the doc gave me a self help booklet that said you should try and face these avoidances, sooner rather than later. so while i was feeling calm this afternoon, i did some deep breathing then rang my boss and updated her. she was lovely. i felt like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. the doc has refferred me to a councelor for CBT and wants me to go and see him next week to change my meds to one that treats both depression and anxiety. then my op for my back, i'll be like a new woman!

today i reached out for help, and i got it. the sense of relief and achievement i feel now is fantastic. guess my message is, dont wait until tomorrow to seek help, do it now!
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

GW, isn't it amazing how we carry SUCH a load of crap around with us, then find there are people who are willing and able to understand and help us?? GO with that feeling. Unload on the people who are paid to help us get better. Many are SOOOOOoo understanding, and if they're not, move on to the next one. It sounds like you are on a good road. Amazing how honesty works, isn't it??
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi girly, well done, you did what a lot of us do when we go to counselling... your doctor done right to recommend this to you, I go but nearly as much as I should so I signed up to another - so I get double dosage
      I too took another day off today due to depression, my boss was not so kind this time round as yours though.
      Well done on taking this step, I went the hard way to take this step, admitted to hospital and then these steps were provided for me, I should have just gone to the doctor like you did and none of that would have happened.
      Good move, well done!

Comment

Girly that is wonderful - you sound so relieved - you can hear it in your voice!! And day 2 AF as well. Well done. I am glad that your Doc actually spent time talking and listened and helped you too and that things are moving for you. It is good to read some good news on here. Your post made me smile. Good for you.

Sunshinedaisies
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Girly I'm so happy for you. Oh I hope to hear more of these posts from you. Your pal....john
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

thanks everyone. onwards and upwards to us all xx
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Good for you Girly, I am delighted to hear of this new path that can only be good for you.

Good job on taking that necessary step x
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

And also, Girly can you tell me more about your Autism pic? If you'd rather, pm me. I've had a bit of contact with the condition, and it does wrend the heart.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Fantastic! Boy! I too have been there.......avoiding situations and imagining all sorts of horrible things, making it worse by procrastinating, then when I finally take the neccessary steps, it is all handled quite easily! All that needless anxiety for nothing! I hate to think of all that I put Myself through for no reason what so ever!

Fortunately, now that I am no longer drinking, I handle difficult circumstances straight away, then deal with the situation and move forward! This has been a huge relief!

Girly....you are making great strides!! Well Done!

xo Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Girly - I so glad to hear this. Must feel like a window has opened up for you and let some fresh air in.
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X