Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AstraiaJ. has two years on MWO !!!

:h Hello all, :h

This week I suddenly realized that I have been on and off of this wonderful site for two years this week. Although it's been a long journey with many failures and successes, I wanted to report in on how my life is different today, thanks in many ways to the supportive people who have given me encouragement here. I am not completely AL free, but nearly so. I never buy AL to take home - can't do it, because I can't stop after one or two glasses. I finally just had to admit that to myself. So, I have AL on the occasions when we go out for dinner, and Mr. AJ and I both know that the car points straight for home afterwards. I can't pretend it's easy, even after all of these many months, but it's working and I'm now 95% AL free. I wouldn't call myself a modder, since I can't seem to have any at home, just in "controlled "environments." It may be how it will always have to be, for me. I just keep hanging on to someone's post I read a while back about being in gratitude mode rather than deprivation mode, when my inability to control drinking gets me down.

On a brighter note, here's the update from two years ago. Compared to two years ago this week:

* I am 37 pounds lighter. I am now at normal weight for my height.
    * I am in much better shape. I now have time for regular exercise since I'm not sipping every night.
    * I sleep through the night (except for the occasional waking up too warm -- I'm getting close to menopause, but that's a WHOLE other story!)
    * I can concentrate for long periods of time.
    * My skin looks much better.
    * Anxiety has decreased markedly.
    * People who haven't seem me for awhile do a "double take" and say, "Hey, you look great!" (Scary to think what I must have looked like on some days before, but heck, I'll take the compliment!)

So thank you to all of you for being here, and being so supportive and real. My journey continues, but it was people on here who kept me going and helped me to not give up after my many failed attempts to cut down. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: AJ.

This is great to hear! Congratulations! I love your list of what's better now that AL is 95% out of your life. :yougo::yougo::yougo: Glad you checked in!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Astraia - Thank you for the update, its always encouraging for us at the start of our journey to hear the sucess stories
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
      X