Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with all the anxiety the world problems carry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day everyone..... IAD

We can sit here and worry about everything that is happening.......will it makes us turn to the bottle !?! Remember that no matter how bad things get....it can only get worse with alcohol.....Keep your inner strengh and fight the earge......You have lot's of help here. Continue to hang on ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

thanks IAD! you too xx
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Thanks IAD ,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

thankx buddy ..
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

so true. thanks x
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Thanks IAD!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thank you sweetie!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks IAD - dont know why, but this made me cry today... often when I read something simple it strikes a cord deep inside me. When I have painted on the smile and pretended its all ok I realize its not ok... but that its ok to be not ok too :upset:
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Diazepam for the short term and CBT and /or Mindfulness is the best option for people like me, who self medicate with AL for anxiety..

Antidepressants don't work for anxiety..I know, I've tried most of them...

I do turn to the bottle occasionally but as soon as I spend more than a week drinking to much. I'm off to the GP for some valium and a referral to a psychologist (and it's hit and miss, you might try 6 before you find one you can work with, it's a bit like choosing a friend)

It's ALWAYS more about what you are thinking, than how much you are drinking...

Stopping drinking helps a lot but what you think is vastly more important (what do you think made you drink in the first place?)

Better to work on your head than your AL habit..

All of this is only my opinion of course..

David x
                  What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Chill......it's ok not to be ok as you say. Life has it's ups and downs........the secret is bob and weave with it. You can do it ! Behind a gray cloud is a sun that is waiting to burst out. Live one day at a time...makes life a lot easier....that's why God made it that way..gives you enough time to re-group. Take care. IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

God is a prick...
                      What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

And it's not OK to not be OK, not for all your life...

Comment

Waving_not_drowning;882268 wrote: Diazepam for the short term and CBT and /or Mindfulness is the best option for people like me, who self medicate with AL for anxiety..

Antidepressants don't work for anxiety..I know, I've tried most of them...

I do turn to the bottle occasionally but as soon as I spend more than a week drinking to much. I'm off to the GP for some valium and a referral to a psychologist (and it's hit and miss, you might try 6 before you find one you can work with, it's a bit like choosing a friend)

It's ALWAYS more about what you are thinking, than how much you are drinking...

Stopping drinking helps a lot but what you think is vastly more important (what do you think made you drink in the first place?)

Better to work on your head than your AL habit..

All of this is only my opinion of course..

David x
                          Then the one really doesn't work with the other though. I mean you're not going to get your screws tightened right when you're drunk right?!

I mean different things for everyone but I had to stop drinking before I could start working on my issues. Allthough more simoultaneous I should say.

But you're right that if you quit drinking and don't work on your issues you're probably going to be led back to the bottle.
                          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

It's like saying it's OK to have cancer and 12 months to live, I know it's all about perception but seriously, we all want to be happy....

Comment

I'm going to ignore the God comment.

It's not ok not to be ok for all your life fair enough. But life certainly isn't meant to be a smooth ride. Otherwise you're not going anywhere. Only through challenges and those ups and downs do we grow.
                              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X