Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with all the anxiety the world problems carry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waving_not_drowning;882268 wrote: It's ALWAYS more about what you are thinking, than how much you are drinking...

Better to work on your head than your AL habit..

All of this is only my opinion of course..

David x
    For me, I could not even begin to work on my head until I kicked the booze....for it was only then that the real me emerged.

Had I kept drinking and tried to sort my head out, I would have been working on the wrong person.
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Waving.....johnnyh is correct. Not being alright all the time....means their is a problem in a persons life. I was only talking about the occational down time. When we were born did anyone tell us everything was going to be alright in life. So let's stop blowing out the candle and then curseing the darkness ! You are the only one that can change your situation. Thiers plenty of help here....AA is around the corner....what ever it takes. IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

johnnyh;882280 wrote: I'm going to ignore the God comment.

It's not ok not to be ok for all your life fair enough. But life certainly isn't meant to be a smooth ride. Otherwise you're not going anywhere. Only through challenges and those ups and downs do we grow.
        Amen.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

We have to accept that we all feel sad at times. If life is a bed of roses then with it comes the thorns too. Denying ourselves the right to feel sadness and pain only pushes it further down into our psyche. When you keep denying yourself the sadness and pain your denying yourself of being human. So it's definitely alright to feel it's OK to feel this chillgirl. As johnny said; without feeling it, how are you meant to experience any growth?

I wish I was more forthcoming with the tears!

Many Blessings
          Phil
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

hippie37;882296 wrote: We have to accept that we all feel sad at times. If life is a bed of roses then with it comes the thorns too. Denying ourselves the right to feel sadness and pain only pushes it further down into our psyche. When you keep denying yourself the sadness and pain your denying yourself of being human. So it's definitely alright to feel it's OK to feel this chillgirl. As johnny said; without feeling it, how are you meant to experience any growth?

I wish I was more forthcoming with the tears!

Many Blessings
            Phil
            Thanks Phil :l
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

I apologize for the God comment, I'm in a foul mood, I'm sorry for offending anyone..

I am a Buddhist, so my only God is me, that is, I am the only one who can save myself..

I'm just having a hard time at the moment..

And you are all of course correct, stopping screwing up my head with booze is the only way forward...

Again sorry for being dick.

David xxx
              What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

IAD,

I, too, want to thank you.

You are one of the people on the side lines urging those still in the fight to keep fighting.

You know what this fight means. It is a life and death struggle.

I am grateful you are here.

And, I am also grateful you know when someone is drunk and do not attack them, just nudge them towards the goal line; sobriety.

Much love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Waving_not_drowning;882305 wrote: I apologize for the God comment, I'm in a foul mood, I'm sorry for offending anyone..

I am a Buddhist, so my only God is me, that is, I am the only one who can save myself..

I'm just having a hard time at the moment..

And you are all of course correct, stopping screwing up my head with booze is the only way forward...

Again sorry for being dick.

David xxx
                  Hey Dave. No offense taken. I do understand how you feel. I'm a person when everything is great it's really, really great and when I'm down, i'm really, really down.

Booze are a depressant. Don't forget that either.

I quite drinking and started taking anti depressants and that helped a heck of a lot. It's a learning curve now I tell you and it's tough, very tough when I can't drink my problems away anymore and have to deal with them. But my quality of life has greatly improved I have to tell you.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

johnnyh;882314 wrote: Hey Dave. No offense taken. I do understand how you feel. I'm a person when everything is great it's really, really great and when I'm down, i'm really, really down.

Booze are a depressant. Don't forget that either.

I quite drinking and started taking anti depressants and that helped a heck of a lot. It's a learning curve now I tell you and it's tough, very tough when I can't drink my problems away anymore and have to deal with them. But my quality of life has greatly improved I have to tell you.
                    Cheers mate, I appreciate what you are saying and thank you
                    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Waving.....As a Buddhist, then you must know that your body is a temple. Take care of your temple..best wishes on your sobriety...IAD
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X