Mrs Donovan makes 30 days AL free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been able to say that since I was about 13!

Thanks so much to everybody here at MWO. I am here everyday learning from everyone and identifying with so much here. I just don't contribute much yet as I really don't feel like I have anything insightful to add yet :H I've just started chipping away at myself.

What I'm realising though is getting sober really is SO much more than just stopping drinking. I've put myself on a real earning curve!

Here's to another 30!

Thanks again MWO :h
    AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
    One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

:good::wave::banana::rockon::thumbsup

KEEP DOIN IT!!! wELL FLIPPIN DONE!!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

hmmmm... definately overdid the smileys. there. But it's the in thing, isn't it :H
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I love to see this kind of thing in the morning.
        :goodjob: Mrs D
        J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

How do you feel? Are you thinking of having a drink?
          Just curious, I'm 20 days behind you and at this stage I couldn't face a beer or whisky. It is right out of my mind. If you feel the same way then you have it beat. Congratulations Mrs.D.

Comment

Congratulations Mrs D :yay: :rockon:
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words and hundreds of smilies

Blue - I've really been fine. I had a craving last night because I went to look round a potential new house to rent and when I got home I was all excited about it and I had this fleeting strong craving to crack open the wine! But it was fleeting - I really like looking up to the sky and taking a big deep breath if I get a craving. I learnt that in the toolbox and it really does help. And then I remember that like everyone else - I can't just have 1 or 2 - that I would get totally wasted, that I would feel like killing myself and that I would bring all the anxiety and panic attacks back......and all because I quite liked the house I'd just looked at - madness!

Good luck to you - I'm going for the next 30 and I've got a couple of nights out to get through coming up so that will be a first.
              One Day At A Time

Comment

Excellent Mrs D. well done. Great idea to keep racking up the days, bet life feels good right now.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

:goodjob:Congratulations MRS D........keep up the good work!:yougo:
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Congratulations Mrs. D. Heres to a bright future!!!
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hi Mrs. D, congratulations, you should really be proud of yourself. It would be great to read your posts and comments more - so don't be shy. All the best to you,
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Mrs Di well done. Whoohoo. Keep kicking this demons ass. You can and will do it. We all believe in that, and as long as you've got God on your side, everythin is possible. Love and Peace
                        Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                        AF since 04th May 2010
                        Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                        My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                        :crazymonkey:

Comment

Great Job! Very proud of you Mrs. D!

Comment

Thanks so much again everyone for your really kind words
                            One Day At A Time

Comment

Congratulations Mrs Donovan on 30 days AF! It's a great feeling isn't it? Keep it up!:goodjob::happy::thumbs::yay::wd::banana:
                              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X