World Cup 2010 is here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They detract from being able to hear the supporters singing and chants which is a big part of the atmosphere at a game but are better than a quiet stadium which can happen. Thats all.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Read the front page of our Cape Times (local newspaper). Danny Jordaan apparently misquoted. Banning of the Vuvuzelas not being considered at the moment. They would consider it would they been thrown onto the pitch or used for violent acts which havn't happened yet.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

johnnyh;886437 wrote: Read the front page of our Cape Times (local newspaper). Danny Jordaan apparently misquoted. Banning of the Vuvuzelas not being considered at the moment. They would consider it would they been thrown onto the pitch or used for violent acts which havn't happened yet.
        one thing tho johnny,

I wouldn't be at all suprised if caused folks to burst with rage and fight..
        at the consistant annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

it is nothing short of a chinese style torture..!!!

"They would consider it would they been thrown onto the pitch or used for violent acts which havn't happened yet."
        that would concern me.. the YET part...!!!!!

Comment

I hear you and I accept that. I don't feel particularly strong about the Vuvu issues as I said. But just please consider that hooliganism in South Africa is non existent as opposed to countrys where singing and chanting at the other football team and its fans are common.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

johnnyh;886535 wrote: I hear you and I accept that. I don't feel particularly strong about the Vuvu issues as I said. But just please consider that hooliganism in South Africa is non existent as opposed to countrys where singing and chanting at the other football team and its fans are common.
            that is a very valid point that should be taken into consideration,
            but to ban it would not be done so to offend SA,
            but using common sense that it is the world cup with 32 nations of very diverse walks of the globe who are NOT of SA calm footie nature....

(it is 32 isn't it)...
            confushus lady..

Comment

haha. yeah it is 32.

I know. I tend to agree. But it's easy for me. Local Football/Soccer in South AFrica is primarily a black sport. It's part of their cultural background, etc. and what they combine with soccer. For me coming from Europe I'm not used to the vuvuzelas and used to be equally irritated. To ban the vuvuzelas would cause some serious, serious unhappiness and would put a serious damper on the local atmosphere around the WC.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Jan, can't help pointing out what a brilliant way, and cultured way, you make your points on this or any issue. Are you the same wreck I met last year?? :H
                Really, how beautiful and sunny your world is now. (And I agree about that noise.There are all types of assault.)
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;886548 wrote: Jan, can't help pointing out what a brilliant way, and cultured way, you make your points on this or any issue. Are you the same wreck I met last year?? :H
                  Really, how beautiful and sunny your world is now. (And I agree about that noise.There are all types of assault.)
                  Hee Hee thx Rubes..
                  yep different woman now..
                  read back on my first thread the other day..
                  like night & day..
                  and got you guys to thank for holding my hand thru it all..:h:h

Comment

I never saw the points of the vuvuzelas to be quite honest. Especially a South African league match where you got two teams playing each other both team's fans are blowing the vuvuzelas. So it doesn't really add to their team feeling the support?! But then again, I didn't grow up that way so I don't understand it while it's part of thier soccer experience.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

USA and Slovina on Friday.......Have to wait till then. About that crowd noise.....it sounds like a swarm of Killer Bess are coming at you ! ha! In America we just yell obsenities at each other ! ha! IAD
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Who's going to tell them.........??!!

"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

I saw the headlines

"SHOCKEROOS" today on a Melbourne news paper.

I can only think that either our boys got 'done' or someone flashed their bottom on the field.

My moneys on that the Aussies are finished for this year??
                          Happy to be back

Comment

Hey guys. Had a great time at the match last night. Was fortunate that my seats were right on top of the stadium underneath roof. So didn't get wet.

Well... Not sure Italy is in such great form. They had some amazing crosses and plays but all in all weren't clinical enough. Not to take any credit from Paraguay though. Great defense in particular. Obviously didn't spend a lot of time in the Italian box so it had to be a standard situation that the goal came from, but it did.

Well (slightly biased), I think Germany looking the strongest to date. Then a first game never tells a lot. And Aus were really not in great form. Don't just write them off yet though. They might just come back from that game a lot stronger.
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Another word on the Vuvuzelas after having experienced it live again.

It is not nearly as annoying live, as on teh TV and actually adds to the atmosphere. Yoy can hear the aaahhh... when they almost get a goal and teh applause when they do.

Another point, all the foreigners happen to come there with the plastic trumpets too to blow them. So easy for their media to critizise them when theire country man come with the vuvuzelas into the stadium wiht the rest of them. (that was my last word on the matter though )
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Interesting, just saw this in the newspaper. In support of my above post:

England's Carragher: I am louder than the vuvuzelas - Times LIVE
                                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X