X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup 2010 is here!!!

no ways. 3:1 Germany. Ha.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Good Morning. Just have to post this. Mr. Stirly and I were talking about it yesterday. I know these horns are the traditional way of showing enthusiasm at a football game in South Africa, but it really is annoying to hear the constant noise. We were wondering how players heard what their team-mates were calling to them and if they could actually hear the ref's whistle. The enthusiasm is incredible but the constant vuvuzela noise is irritating. At least they should ban their use during the actual playing time and permit them only during the half-time break and before and after the game itself. Not wanting to step on anyone's toes here as we have many well-loved members from South Africa. Just wanted to add my two bits...

Stirly inkele:

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/vuvuzela-drone-killing-world-cup-atmosphere?GT1=39011
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I just read your post after I saw these headlines Stirly!

Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere - World Cup News - FOX Sports on MSN
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Look. I would have agreed with you a couple of months ago. And actually did. Now that the World Cup is here I am kinda proud that it's different. I know what yer saying about atmosphere , the chantin, the singing. It's part of what I grew up with in Germany as well. However the World Cup is here. ppl have complained before. Fifa decided not to put a damper on the Vuvuzelas, so I think, personally, by putting too much attention to this we are spoiling the World Cup for ourselves. It's a unique experience and probably not to be repeated again for decades.

I am proudly South African today.

(I don't feel particularly strong about this issue I should say. Just saying, nothing we can do about it now. mighty FIFA has spoken )
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

OOOpppssss hang on, I didnt say I agreed, I only read the article...I honestly dont watch enuff of the matches for it to affect me.
            In all honesty I reckon it is better than cursing and taunts from the crowd, along with a few toilet rolls for good measure.

Just an opinon from a non football fan so it prob does not count..lol!

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

:shocked: Oney what are you doing on the football thread? :laughmonkey:
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

one2many;886382 wrote: OOOpppssss hang on, I didnt say I agreed, I only read the article...I honestly dont watch enuff of the matches for it to affect me.
                In all honesty I reckon it is better than cursing and taunts from the crowd, along with a few toilet rolls for good measure.

Just an opinon from a non football fan so it prob does not count..lol!
                Haha. cool, cool.

I did hear roumors now that they are considering banning them after all due to some incidents. Should it happen. I'll be happy as well. Either way I'm determined not to let either or ruin the World Cup for me.
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Johnny, the chanting and the singing iis wonderful and the general atmosphere is contagious even through the television screen. I personally am delighted that South Africa is hosting the World Cup. I agree what Oney says about the noise of the vuvuzelas possibly being better than the curses and the taunts and the toilet rolls. We get those here, too plus broken seats and whatever else they can get their hands on hurled towards the playing field and it doesn't matter if they take a few heads with them. I used to go with my guys to the stadium twice a month, whenever our team was playing at home. I stopped going because of the constant cursing and the real danger of getting injured. It took all the pleasure out of the game for me. They built a brand new gorgeous stadium a few years ago for our team and I have never gone to it because of that. As for the vuvuzelas, it's just that you can hear that constant drone and it's kinda like having a mosquito buzzing in your ear the whole time. That's all from me.
                  Gonna go see what's up in the barracks...

Comment

I wasn't on the thread per say...I was just....OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;886404 wrote: I wasn't on the thread per say...I was just....OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???
                      Actually, yer on the thread....ya posted three times. Yer definitely on the thread...:H:H

Comment

Grrrr Eagle Eyed Stirly....

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

hOney, it's contagious, isn't it?!

It's bloody irritating on the TV. But in the stadium it's quite cool. Well anyways. Would probably prefer the matches without. Will see what happens.
                          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

BAN THE VUVUZELAS...
                            the noise is all you can annoyingly hear everywhere.....
                            instead of the cheers or woe's of the crowd enthusiasm and love for their team..

head bashing continual WHITE TORTUOUS NOISE......

Comment

johnnyh;886413 wrote: hOney, it's contagious, isn't it?!

It's bloody irritating on the TV. But in the stadium it's quite cool. Well anyways. Would probably prefer the matches without. Will see what happens.
                              Contagious?? I don't know what you mean.....

Who is playing today????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????
                              :H

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Latest news 650,000 vuvuzelas were sold in advance of the World Cup and there's big discussions going on at the moment.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X