X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poison

ahhh, poison.

but first, a musical interlude?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww[/video]]YouTube - Alice Cooper - Poison

this song as a metaphor for our struggles. listen to the words, think about her as she slips past your lips and down your throat, warming your belly as she goes?

anyways?was rooting around some old cd?s and found this album. holy crap. all of a sudden I?m back in 9th grade with my preppy wannabe turtleneck and mullet bullet proof hairspray helmet head. damn. but ya, quite the comparison.

I want to love you but I better not touch (Don?t touch)
    I want to hold you but my senses tell me to stop
    I want to kiss you but I want it too much (Too much)
    I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison
    You?re poison running through my veins
    You?re poison, I don?t want to break these chains

and another day passes.....
    Sobriety Is Wasted On The Sober

Poison

Amazing really how much the alcohol theme pervades popular music. I remember seeing Alice Cooper on a daytime talk show years ago, sitting on the stage with a hot beer, saying he drank them from the time he got up till, well, you can imagine. The host (might have been Donahue) asked didn't he prefer cold ones, and he said it really didn't matter to him.
    One that especially always comes to mind....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alGN4MyKHXo[/video]]YouTube - Kris Kristofferson The silver tongued devil and I/ Smile at me again/ Same old song (1981)
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
    X