Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone get depressed on Campral?

Hi all,

I've given Campral a try a couple of times and it upsets my tummy. S'posed to settle down after a couple of weeks but 4 weeks on it's still yuck and I feel sort of depressed.

Am off it at the mo and about to begin another attempt at beloved AFdom. I have a bad rough time in the early stages so am wondering whether to give Campral another go or not.

As AL has been my 'solution' to my troubles including anxiety & depression, i'm seeking advice from anyone who's been depressed on Campral and whether or not I should go AF without it this time.

Thanks for being here/there everyone

Hi, Ficks

I haven't used Campral before, but as far as I understand it, you need to be AF already for it to have a beneficial effect w.r.t. cravings?

You could also post this on the meds threads - many meds users don't always look at the General Forum, so you should get more responses.

Good luck, though: we'll be here to cheer you on
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks Tips,
      Good point... have moved the thread

Comment

i have been on campral for nearly 4 months. no depression. i am on an anti depressant which didnt seem to work before but my mood is now really good, i think it has had chance to work without the AL sloshing around in my system. i still have upset tummy (bloating and explosive diarhea) so im gonna go back to the docs, maybe a lower dose will help.i dont know if the campral has worked but i have been sober apart 2 bad slips for nearly 4 months so im keeping with it.maybe go chat to the docs about it
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Thanks Spuddleduck,
          Congrats on the 4 months!!
          I'm looking also at the Nal discussions in the meds thread - I just don't want to have to take Campral if I need to take an anti-depressant with it as well.. i'm normally a pretty chirpy sort of person.
          My doc suggested i was just depressed to be off the AL but I don't think that makes sense - AL is a depressant too!!

Comment

Fickle,
            Campral may be the reason for the tummy ache, but I can tell you MANY experience depression. Many start drinking cause we are depressed and sobriety is depressing in the beginning because you are dealing with feelings and reality that you once numbed. I don't know your story, but I didn't feel like "me" for awhile. I am not saying take the campral or not, I just know that it may not have anything to do with the Campral.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
            X