Advice from old timers please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am posting here, as I need advice from successful abstainers. I am on Day13, and all has been going so well, I couldn't believe that there was no withdrawal, shakes, sweats, and other symptoms. Slight headache on day 3, 4, and 5.

Last night, I went to bed as per usual, and after a few minutes I got so cold. First my feet, but eventually I was shaking, with electric blanket on max, and 3 duvets on top.
    My kidneys ached so badly, I kept arching my back looking for relief... And the I thougt my hed was going to explode.

A trusted member told me it sure does sound like withdrawal, but on Day 12? I woke up this morning, and I feel great? Bit tired because I didn't sleep enough, but great?

I had prawns for supper, so, at some stage I thought maybe they didn't like me? It was a very scary experience!

But, here is to Day 13, Next stop Day 30 and then the magical 3 digit 100!!!

xxx Sol

Sounds like your body is saying "welcome to the land of the living!" Sol

I've recently been experiencing some of the symptoms you describe in your post Sol. Because I'm an alcoholic I more than often relate these symptoms to my alcoholism and the possible damage I've done over the years. A lot of the time though I'm just ill like everybody else. 'We' get viruses too you know!! The idea that I was somehow different from 'normal' people had to be smashed. I'm nothing special and I need to remind myself of this at times. It will take time to adjust back into a healthy routine though I don't deny that.

My sleep patterns have been all over the place recently and I've been waking up later than usual feeling very 'groggy'. I've had pains in the kidneys and all up my back. My wrist is aching like crazy and I'm getting headaches every so often and dizzy spells. I was telling myself I've got arthritis in my wrist and probably got cancer because I'm smoking more than ever at the moment. That, or the New World Order is spraying chemicals in the skies again over my village trying to make everyone ill! (google chemtrails!) I am a little concerned about the dizzy spells so I'm going to get checked out with my GP early next week. It might be wise to do the same.

I can totally appreciate where you're coming from though Sol. I hope things settle for you soon.

Many Blessings
    Phil
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Solitaire, that must have been scary. When I get sick (which is very rare) it seems to happen in the night. It is a puzzle, but I don't dwell on it. My 2 cents are it was you body fighting something off (prawns perhaps) and it was successful. Be happy it's over, drink lots of water and eat gently today and carry on!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

If you have been fine for 11 days then no way it's withdrawl. Just something normal as has been said - welcome to the world of living!

Comment

no prawns for supper ...be careful on what you eat ..as of seafood but keep up the great work
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Sol!
            Yes, it was the prawns!!! Crazy South African diet! just kidding. Hope you are ok. And BTW Sol, I am sooooo proud of you! 12 days - you are so strong! 30 will be here before you know it.
            Much love.

Comment

Sol, I have a chronic condition, so it was difficult for me to tell what was and wasn't withwdrawals, but that is most associated with a rapid heartbeat, cold sweats, shakes, even delusions. And they usually happen sooner. Hippie's posts are always spot-on, too. The man speaks from knowledge and experience. Stay strong, keep posting.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
              X