Army Thread 21st June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 21st June

Well its dee one in the starty household.
    The squirrel has been left to her own devices and has no one to chivvy her along.
    Last nights dishes can be seen nestling in the sink
    And the crumbs from the beans on toast supper lay scattered around the kitchen.

Think Ill go back to bed then

Before I go though...
    JC have a wonderful trip! Give Opes the babe a huge hug from me :l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 21st June

Morning Starty, oh Squirrel of Slob

I'm at the office bright and early. Mrs. T and the cubs are still asleep at home...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

Good Morning Starts and Tips and to all who drop by later.
      Hope you all have a....

and...

everybody!!!

Stirly inkele:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

Good morning starts,mr tips,stirly and all those who drop in, jc be seeing you soon

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

just waiting for me porridge & honey & green tea

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

Hiya Mario.
            Just back from walking my little dogger.
            I was wondering - when you say porridge, what exactly is that? When I was young, my Dad always made us rolled oats or cream of wheat in the winter. I still eat rolled oats and eat them all year long. Very healthy. Or meusli if I want a bit of a change. Anyway, we always called what Dad made porridge so I was wondering what it is that you call porridge...
            Have you ever tried white tea instead of green tea? This is what I found on internet...

White tea is green tea but it is less processed and therefore preserves even more antioxidants and health beneficial properties. It also contains less caffeine.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

Good morning everyone..

it is a scorcher today...going on a nice walk with the little minx and might stop off at the thrift shop to see if they have any new books in....

Happy Monday !!!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

stirly
                Porridge (also spelled porage, parritch, etc.[1]) is a dish made by boiling oats (rolled, crushed, or steel cut) or other grains or legumes in water, milk, or both. It is usually served hot in a bowl or dish.

Other grain meals boiled in water, such as cornmeal, may also be described as porridge, but more frequently have other names, such as polenta or grits. Oat and semolina porridge are the most popular varieties in many countries. In addition to oats, cereal meals used for porridge include rice, wheat, barley, and corn. Legumes such as peasemeal can also be used to make porridge. Gruel is similar to porridge but is much more like a drink; it has a very thin consistency and is made with water. It was served in Victorian workhouses as standard meals.

Porridge was a traditional food in much of Northern Europe and Russia back to antiquity. Barley was a common grain used, though other grains and yellow peas could be used, depending on local conditions. It was primarily a savory dish, with a variety of meats, root crops, vegetables, and herbs added for flavor. Porridge could be cooked in a large metal kettle over hot coals, or heated in a cheaper earthenware container by adding hot stones until boiling hot. Until leavened bread and baking ovens became commonplace in Europe, porridge was a typical means of preparing cereal crops for the table. It was also commonly used as prison food for inmates in the UK's prisons and so "doing porridge" became a slang term for a sentence in prison.

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

But this is why i eat it

Fascinating Facts On Porridge

Porridge Health Facts

Porridge boosts your protein intake: of all the cereals porridge has the highest protein content.

Porridge is the ideal food for slimmers – fibre rich foods are usually low in calories but are also quite filling and may therefore help reduce food intake when dieting.

Eating porridge for breakfast provides you with enough energy for the first half of the day, helping you to avoid those mid-morning snacks
                  Porridge stabilises blood sugar levels. Eating porridge on a regular basis can help reduce the risk of Type 2 (Adult onset) diabetes.

Porridge aids digestion and unlike bran, oats are gentle on the stomach.

A diet rich in fibre has been implicated in preventing heart disease. Many studies have found that those people who eat a lot of fibre rich foods are less likely to suffer from heart disease that those who eat very little.

Soluble fibre which is found in fruit, vegetables, peas, beans and of course, oats, helps reduce blood cholesterol. It’s a complex process but, put simply, think of rolled oats as tiny sponges in your body that soak up cholesterol.

Eating porridge helps the brain to produce serotonin. Serotonin is a brain transmitter that helps keep our spirits up and our appetites down. Levels of serotonin dip when sunlight is low – i.e. during the winter months and can frequently lead to Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

Eating porridge makes yer mouth taste wank...

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

These are my new poridge eating friends, well some of them :-)
                      People who eat porridge; Wallace and Gromit, Big Brother house mates, Nelson Mandela, Zoe Ball, Bill Gates, Demi Moore, Kate Moss, Calista Flockhart, Tim Henman and Jane Fonda.
                      Porridge is traditionally the food of mountain climbers and explorers as it gives a slow release of energy – it is the ideal cereal for those involved in sports.
                      Porridge has been carried by explorers Richard Byrd and Roald Amundsen to the North and South Poles respectively, and has been taken into space by US astronauts.
                      Old customs state that porridge should be eaten standing up.
                      The Devils porridge was an explosive paste used as ammunition by British troops during World War 1. Queuing for porridge is a regular occurrence outside top London restaurant ‘Mash’.

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

Morning again guys.
                        Running late
                        Oney is right, it does make your mouth taste wank, but I love it :-)
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

one2many;891611 wrote: Eating porridge makes yer mouth taste wank...
                          :H you can get used to it :H

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

starts & oney what sort of mouths have you got ?

Comment

Army Thread 21st June

I have a large one...

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X