Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Update ;)

Hi Friends,

Apologies for my silence for the past 5 days. I ran out of bandwidth last week Tuesday and as some of you knew anyways was going away to watch Germany against Serbia play in Port Elizabeth (no comments on the game please :H )

So I'm going strong, managed to stay away from AL, thanks to Antabuse, (which I'm temporarily taking again during the Word Cup), and just a sober loving mind

I've felt really bad not posting as I know how quickly one thinks someone's gone of the rails or worse when you dont' here from them so am happy to report back happily that I was merely having a good time with my brother up the coast

The trip was fantastic and I got to see parts of our countryside I usually don't. Allthough camping at around 0 celsius wasn't quite that comfortable :H

The game was great as well in terms of the support and a great atmosphere (at least before the game ).

I'll be continuing posting on the thread I started shortly as well.

Hope you are all great and I would really, really appreciate if you guys will let me know how you are. I'll do my best to catch up on most posts but please feel free to respond on this post and just let me know how you are and what happende while I was gone

Luv you all and glad to be back.

Johnnyh
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Quick Update

GREAT to hear from you Johnny Boy, you wee missed...even better you stayed strong!! Great Stuff!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Quick Update

Hey McFuzz!
      Been thinking bout you
      Catch up soon, running late just now as usual
      Take care x
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Quick Update

hiya johnnyh, good to have you back :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Quick Update

WB, Johnny

Glad you enjoyed it!
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Quick Update

My thoughts were with yous all quite often Great trip but it's always soooo good coming home

Had some serious cravings to curb. But thanks to Antabuse they couldn't lead anywhere anyways.
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Quick Update

You are back, sober, well, and happy. Nothing wrong wrong with that at all. We all missed you though!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Quick Update

Hey all, I usually post in Subs, but thought I'd try some general too. I'm on day 15 AF. Had fun last nite with some folks in chat. I know lots of you who have been here a while, but not some of the newbies, so I'm waving hi....

Comment

Quick Update

Thanks Techie!!!

Was soooo happy to see my wife and kids. 2 nights away is about the max I can do. Seriously.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Quick Update

Great news johnny!! Well done!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Quick Update

Someone in Army knew where you were, thank goodness. I was missing you! Great on the wonderful trip!
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Quick Update

Thanks Ruby, Thanks Greenie.

Yeah I did mention it the day before. I was actually planning to post in general I was going away. But got home and Wifey told me internet was gone. So too late then

Missd you guys a lot too!!
                        AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Quick Update

Glad to hear you're hanging in there!
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Quick Update

Im so glad to see you back and to hear you had a great time! I honestly was thinking about you and wondering how you were, but then I knew in the back of my mind you were doing ok as far as the icky stuff.

Good for you for taking an antabuse! I love it when I hear positive things about Antabuse because as you know, I go back and forth with my decision to take it. Its so good to hear good things about it instead of negative. Lots of people post so much negative about it, it confuses those who are willing to try it!!! Just other day had a real negative post about it.

So good to have you back Johnny!! Your friends on here really did miss your chime ins
                            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Quick Update

Thank you

Aside from if you have liver problems I can't speak of downsides for myself. You just can't drink. That's it. If you're willing to experience on if you can handle AL on it, you're obviously playing a very, very dangerous game. But knowing that keeps me from drinking.

It's great. I think it could work for you Overit. You'll be committed enough I have no doubt. It just makes it easier taking the choice away. I really hope you'll give it a try
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X