Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Club

Seems like we have lots of readers here. Would anyone like to start a book club?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Book Club

sure thing
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Book Club

DEFO DEFO DEFO in for that....cool idea.
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Book Club

im in....
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Book Club

OH YEAH 9er THANKS!!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Book Club

Well....lets get going.

Ideas for books?

Comment

Book Club

author Neal Stephenson

I read Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle a couple of years ago. I thought it was wonderful. I recently read Anathem. I got hooked on Stephenson when a friend gave me Cryptonomicon some year ago. If you like historical fiction and speculative fiction he's your guy. The chronology in the baroque cycle can be perplexing at first, but then you suddenly it all comes together. Wonderful. If there are any Stephenson readers here I love to hear from you!?

Neal Stephenson
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Book Club

I'm up for trying Neal Stephenson. I love reading authors I'm not familiar with. Would anyone else like to start with one of his books?

Comment

Book Club

Not my usual type of book but yes, I will give it a go...
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Book Club

Mama and Chill...what do you think? Or offer other suggestions, I'm open to anything.

Comment

Book Club

I love reading and would love to join in ........ open to any suggestions xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Book Club

ok I'll make a list of my books tomorrow... Anyone like Terry Brooks?

Comment

Book Club

I also read The Magicians by Lev Grossman. It is very Potter-esque by with a much more adult spin. I really enjoyed it. However, I did disengage when the author leapt from the fantasy world to the too real world (far into the book). Thought that was weird, but on reflection that made the book interesting. If anyone read it I would love your thoughts!?

Comment

Book Club

K9Lover;895104 wrote: I'm up for trying Neal Stephenson. I love reading authors I'm not familiar with. Would anyone else like to start with one of his books?
                            not easy reading. you may want to check out his web site for a synopsis!

Comment

Book Club

9 I have the baroque cycle if your interested. I have passed these onto friends. Some like it some hated it. It just happens to be a genre I'm into!

disregard k9 sorry my bad...john I don't want to send my address to anyone!

but on second thought if you have a PO box that would work you would love those three books.

Comment

Working...
                              X