Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Club

If anyone is into a grown up version of Twilight, I love the books about the black dagger brotherhood by JR Ward
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Book Club

GREAT Review Resource...

Books - The New York Times
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Book Club

Can I jump in you lot ?
        I'm getting right back to my literature now that I can read of a night without my eyes spinning in my head........if you know what I mean.....
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Book Club

Welcome aboard BBBJ! Glad to have you here. The more the merrier
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Book Club

I'm joining the Book Club. I need to read less work-related stuff and read just for FUN! Great idea, K9!

Comment

Book Club

I think my idea of a book club is rather skewed, I am thinking about the book club at work where we swap books, I thought this was about swapping books.

Comment

Book Club

Hi Ladies

I think I will also join up if you dont mind. Go though phases of reading, reading, usually whatever I pick up in my local library. I try and stay away from book stores as I am tempted to spend, spend, spend. Am interested in different authors, I should keep a journal as I go through so many and cant remember half of them.

Has anyone read any of Martina Cole's? Very East end London but very gritty and usually has a twist at the end that you never expect.

My favourite book of all time is Wild Swans, Three Daughters of China.

Rustop

Comment

Book Club

LOVE Martina Cole......not for the faint hearted but excellent.
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Book Club

I CONSUMED books when I was young. Now if I get a minute for them it's when waiting for an appointment, etc. I've taken to the CD books just to keep from going stale!
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Book Club

another wonderful read is Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It is alternative history. It is about the idea that magic once existed in England and has returned with two men.
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Book Club

Thanks for starting this K9r!
                        I usually just read for business anymore. Like you Ruby I consumed books when I was younger. Mostly true story and biographies. Some Tolkien, Costenado. Loads of self help stuff.
                        I wish it could be an exchange of actual books like you Wanna, but prolly not practical. Must get to library and see about CD books. No funds for purchases here and I could multi task at the computer while hearing a book.
                        Thanks for the ideas and motivations gals and guys!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Book Club

I renewed my library membership and rented the cd book A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. No real reason but that I did not have much time and the title somehow sounded familiar near the beginning of the selection. Sounds pretty deep so far but I think I make a good choice. Apparently it was made into a movie.....

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Book Club

Ringing Cedars;895781 wrote: I renewed my library membership and rented the cd book A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. No real reason but that I did not have much time and the title somehow sounded familiar near the beginning of the selection. Sounds pretty deep so far but I think I make a good choice. Apparently it was made into a movie.....
                            Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

Comment

Book Club

haha It is hilarious language Techie! Did you read it or simply watch the movie. Apparently the movie lacks the best chapter--21.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Book Club

i saw the movie a few times rc!

Comment

Working...
                                X