going quietly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going quietly

Hello everyone, I just joined today and was AF for two days. I didnt think I could go another day without one last hurrahh. I wanted to go out with my guns blazin but my wife had other plans. I begged her to go out with me for one last hoppin good time but she turned me down. I thought I needed to get loaded one last time. Why? I dont have a clue. It just felt like the right thing to do. I wanted to know what I would be missing. What a joke. After a thousand drunken nights, I had to know one last time? Give me a break! Thank God for my wonderful wife and MWO. I am on the right path and I want to stay there. Please keep giving me advice and support. God bless you all and everyone who has had a battle with alcohol.

going quietly

:welcome: It's great that it worked out that way. All you missed out was a night you probably wouldn't remember and another day of a shitty hangover. I felt like that too right before I quit but I enacted it. Wow, what a miserable mistake. Congratulations, & look forward to seeing you around!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

going quietly

Nobody, welcome to MWO and congrats on your great start!

The alcoholic mind will go to any length to try and get us to drink, won't it? Can't tell you how many times I said "just this last time...." Think it took my eight years of saying that before I finally did something about it. Guess I'm a slow learner! :H

Just remember that if this were easy, there wouldn't be a need for MWO. You will have times where you want to drink - the difference is that you learning how to react to those feelings and deal with them in a positive way.

Best of luck on your new journey!
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

going quietly

You're right you have a wonderful wife. She saved you from a miserable hangover and the difficulity of getting back to day 1. Hang in there, if you want sobriety keep at it. We are here to help!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

going quietly

thanks to you all. (please pardon my grammar, I am an educated hillbilly)

Comment

going quietly

If it's any use, things get easier. Did for me.

Comment

going quietly

:goodjob: you made it thru the challenge and have one more day AF behind you - way to go and keep up the great work

Day 33 and counting....
              NF - 3/17/09

AF since 5/24/10

Comment

going quietly

NOB, you know I'm here for you. So are others. PLEASE, continue to open up and find your place here. Like I said, these are GOOD people, and they will give you a true line. Don't worry about your spelling or speed, it's what you mean and say that's important, and everyone wants to help. Keep in touch, honey. You are among friends.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

going quietly

Hi Nobody.

You seem to have a good support system at home. Glad to what lengths you wife supports your sobriety.

WEll well done to you as well. Because I am sure if you wanted to you could have gotten drunk. So you ought to give youself a pad on the shoulder as well.

Try and start to change your thinking. I find this very important. Start focusing on the negatives AL has done to you and the positives of sobriety as opposed to dwelling on the good times you 'supposedly' had.

Most of us got some real or perceived pleaseure out of AL at some or other stage. But letting your thoughts drift off into those directions is dangerous.

As long as you can keep your mind distracted from those inner arguments, you will find things much easier. Allthough teh distraction part itself isn't very easy always.

Think about this. Our actions are ALWAYS followed by thoughts, right?! The earlier you can interrupt distructive thoughts the easier it is to refocus on other things and get on with it. When you allow yourself to drift off into that thought of how nice did it use to be? Wouldn't one drink be ok? CAn't I get on with it tomorrow again?? - the more you will struggle.

All the best It get's easier. it does
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

going quietly

HI Nobody - those first few days are very tricky. Your alcoholic brain will try anything to survive. Kudos to your wife and to you. You are on the right path!
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X